Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please advise is if this looks ok

Hi All,

Loriblackdog here I finally got my work to look like eggs work except I could not get my xmas trees filled with color?? I would like it, if someone could look at this and let me know if it looks ok? What I can do to make it better? Is there any kind of cheat sheet on what the control keys & shift key do? Egg, I want to thank you for your video I must of watched it 30 times. I appreciate your help as that is what I need so I could learn what you were showing me. I would like to thank you all for the encouragement. I am slowly learning this system. As soon as I have a chance to cut this on my carvewright I will post the finished project. Again, Thank you all so much......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Please advise is if this looks ok

Hi Lori,

The reason your trees aren't filling is because you've changed the tree lines to shapes. See video.

Re cheat sheets etc there probably is somewhere but you're far better off using the program and learning which operations you use most & learn their short-cuts. There are clues in the menu structure. Look at the Arrange menu for example.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Use the 'Shape Tool' to make your trees, and you'll have no problems filling the trees with any colour you like.
    The Shape Tool is my preference to the Pen Tool. Though your preference might be different. Either will do the job.

EDIT: I see that Egg also posted, just before me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmas.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	109007  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hi Egg,

Once again you make it look so easy....I will watch this video to see if I can pick up what I didn't get in the last video. I am a slow learner but I keep trying. I cannot Thank you enough for doing these video's, they are really helping. Hopefully by the end of next week I will have one carved out of wood and painted. I can't Thank you enough. I really appreciate your help.

Loriblackdog

Hi,

Regarding a "cheat sheet," yes there is. It's in the manual. Open the on screen help manual with F1, look at contents, go down to "Menus and Keyboard Shortcuts." There you have all of the shortcuts. Print out what you want or make a listing of the ones that you will use most often and print it.

With Designer Pro X9 and X10, I received a laminated card in the mail from Xara with many of the shortcuts. Very handy. Don't know if Xara will do this with X11.

Loriblackdog which version of Photo & graphic designer are you using?

Xara sent me a pdf because I couldn't find mine and asked on behalf of the member they sent him one also for the correct version he was using. So depending on your version I may be able to post one for you.

EDIT: browj2 has a good suggestion follow that any you can get it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Browj2,

Thank you, that is exactly what i was looking for. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Loriblackdog