Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default About removing files which were once deleted

Was trying to figure out why a site just published was running very slow, made sure to export as jpeg however not a significant imporvment. Knew their was something else i wasn't doing correctly.
    After looking into index_html folder noticed quite a few files were doubles, would go as far as saying maybe half were not required.

Have searched high and low spending longer then i'd like and still no closer than i was before i started so hopefully you guys can help me out here and save me from trying to figure out which files are double and deleting manually.

With no support folder i'm running out of option on how to remove files which were once deleted when editing..publishing a site normally exports a ton of files i don't need.
    Can't put my finger on why it's doing it, if so how ca it be stopped..

maybe copying pages to new document as i'm pretty sure theirs no option. Using Xara publishing option to my host.

If theirs a way around this which is straight forward i'd love to hear it...

cheers

Default Re: About removing files which were once deleted

After looking into index_html folder noticed quite a few files were doubles
    Without access to your files it's hard to say. What files are doubled? If you're using the Hi res option, all images are exported at 96 ppi & again at 192 ppi. The Hi-res images have a @ symbol in their name.

However non of the above slows down your sites loading. It's just a matter of serving up either one or the other depending on the viewing platform.

As well as ensuring jpg's have you optomised your images?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

okay thankyou. Sounds like their mostly high res images after what you said as mostly have the @ symbol as you stated. after noticing every single flash file also gets uploaded, is what originally raised concern. Which is not to much of problem as their only about 10 and can be deleted manually from the server just makes you wonder what else is not needed that's there.

Sure it will okay, ill give optimising images a go. Everything else has been covered. Thank you once again sir, appreciate your help, feels good knowing your aroundduring times like thisWish i could return the help some how.

Just typed a message which vanished before my eyes, pc is not running the same so going to give this whole web design thing a break for some time... could maybe be the pc. Hopefully not.

cheers again and hope lifes treating you well

Hi

need to ask you another questions please. Any idea why files are still bieng exported as png when optimized and then applied to be exported as jpeg as on quality 75. Can't conenct the dots. Thought it was exporting old images which doesn't look like the case however can't say the same for few gifs and SWF files. Just no way of getting them off unless manually.

Regarding the PNG issues i'm having, once exploring the index_html folder same 20 files or so highest in size, you guess it all png. Taking up a total 22mb, its crazy Know which pictures 2 are as they are the only ones of their kind however tried everything to optimizing to chaging export conditions to jpeg but it doesn't recognize for some odd reason which i can't figure out.

other way round this would be to upload files via FTP and not xara, using a optimizing software online such as smush it to manually work the files before uploading?

could really use some suggestions please. Also created a varient so it's not so much stress for a mobile device to load, not sure if it's having any effect on the main sites loading time..

think maybe , varients plus image tags and webpage descriptions which if lenghty might be adding more loading time? giving the browser more work basically. just remember also shortened web page width and still images appear on the screen everywhere before settling in place. So far it takes roughly 15 seconds to load on my 17" laptop and around 8-9 seconds on a 15" screen. Mobile take about 5 so happy with that.

thinking of breaking the site up into 2 domains, as one page is like a gallery and could be on another domain i've purchased..2 seperate root folders is tempting me..

cheers, talk soon

just want to add. The picture which don't seem to convert to jpeg upon export amounting to around 22mb. 4-5 of the largest in size have a simple linear fade effect. Do images get exported as images aswel? png or jpeg unless specified

Also maybe for future to edit images using another software and saving as required format before importing. Was forced to delete my photoshop software due to circumstances and retail costs over £300. Doesn't feel right using a version which is not genuine even though i feel helpless with out it hands dows to xara, it capable of so much, just have to be alittle creative to get similar things done. Really impressed regardless.

Same pictures discussed plus lots more i found(navigation buttons) where converted to jpegs. I'll be an expert in optimizing imagesat this rate. Published my site over 10 times now. Each time lowering the Jpeg output quality. do you guys have a rough guidline of what you use whn deciding quality figures to choose. I've come donw to where most pictures are betwee 60-75 now. hoping it will make a difference, both varients. Would be good to know what some of you guys use a cap or limit not to go below?

sorry bout the long one, just want it done right.

UPDATE

To anyone reading.. Turns out most files were not being repeated. It was simply a case of me using images more then i reliased aswel as xara publishing copies in higher resolution with an '@' symbol beside to use if need be.