Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash, HTML5 or Combination of both?

Received a question from an intern at another municipality's web design firm about a widget I'm using on mine. After thinking about it, I'm not sure how to answer it.

I've been using Designer Pro for a few years now and just upgraded to X10 a few months back. The widget he was asking about is a photo slideshow with embedded links in the images. Would these be Flash-based (my first thought) or HTML5, since Flash is on the way out or so it seems?

Thanks!
    Jack

Default Re: Flash, HTML5 or Combination of both?

Flash is well on its way out. Firefox has refused to display any Flash based video and Apple has refused to support Flash on mobile devices.

I think the more recent Xara video/slideshow content is non-Flash.

Gary is correct. If you double click to edit the widget it gives information re the widget and usually states this is pure DHTML (Not Flash).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm not going to argue the case for flash, but I'm not sure that the below is true

Firefox has refused to display any Flash based video

A few days ago Mozilla put a warning up for flash content in FF, but that has now been removed.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the info!