Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Limit on Layers?

Couldn't find the answer elsewhere... is there a limit on the number of layers for XWD 10 Premium? I am making a menu that appears to expand and contract with "pop up" thumbnails for the links on MouseOver. I may need a LOT of layers to do this. TIA

Default Re: Limit on Layers?

Asking the question probably means that your navigation is overly complicated.

I have never seen a good website with deeply nested pop-up navigation, so really rethink if that complication is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Asking the question probably means that your navigation is overly complicated.

I have never seen a good website with deeply nested pop-up navigation, so really rethink if that complication is necessary.
    I am taking over a website built by a different developer who did not use XWD. It is a large website and the business owner does not want it replaced or rebuilt all at once yet, so i am rebuilding a little at a time, while reproducing or slightly improving current navigation techniques. We may redesign later. Of course i would prefer a simpler method using Xara's built in navigation menu feature, but this is what i need to do for now. I asked because I needed an answer, not to be told that I shouldn't do it. And for the record, the example I already built works well and looks good.

I asked because I needed an answer, not to be told that I shouldn't do it.

Well, as the stones say: We don't always get what we want.

If you are concerned about the number of layers, that must be a complicated menu.

That'll work well on mobile.

No, there is no limit on the number of layers.

Phil

Thank you, PhilM

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I asked because I needed an answer, not to be told that I shouldn't do it.

Well, as the stones say: We don't always get what we want.

If you are concerned about the number of layers, that must be a complicated menu.

That'll work well on mobile.
    I won't be using this technique on the mobile variant.