Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default InDesign CS6 scroll wheel options

Hey all, was hoping someone with more experience with InDesign CS6 could help me out here. I hate the program with a passion, but at the moment, I need to use it for the stuff I'm collaborating on.

InDesign's scroll wheel options are annoying. Vertical scrolling is fine, but they mapped panning to Ctrl-Scroll, and zooming to Alt-Scroll. I know this was a recent change to bring it in line with other Adobe apps, but is there any way to change these (preferably to the usual Shift-Scroll to pan, Ctrl-Scroll to zoom)? I've not been able to find any information about it online.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Default Re: InDesign CS6 scroll wheel options

Are you using a Mac for ID? As far as I know there's an update to stop reverse scrolling. I just booted up ID and tried my Alt+mouse scrolling to zoom but I am use to Illy. What about changing preferences using windows but if your on Windz 8.1 no chance.
    Last edited by Albacore; 17 July 2015 at 09:44 AM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Are you using a Mac for ID? As far as I know there's an update to stop reverse scrolling. I just booted up ID and tried my Alt+mouse scrolling to zoom but I am use to Illy. What about changing preferences using windows but if your on Windz 8.1 no chance.
    All Windows 7 here, but this is not an OS issue, it's a specific application issue. Over the years I've gotten very used to the way Xara uses the mouse wheel (Ctrl to zoom, Shift to pan), and fortunately, PagePlus and Adobe Reader use the same scheme. It's when I have to switch over to ID to do some work, throws me all off.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Yip, had that problem going from work (Illy) to home (Xara) both different on the mouse, thank goodness spacebar+drag to pan is the same which I use constantly rather than shift+scroll wheel on mouse. We all use different workflow to get the same job done but yes it's a pain when they change things and I only use ID for the occasional big jobs, rather use PagePlus. It must be for the same reason as yourself that I use PP but never analysed it even though PP has such a crap GU I find it no bother to get work done.

My biggest gripe in ID is the appalling default settings who knows what page size this is “Width: 66p0, Height: 51p0″ and the appearance of "Black" which one do you change. Took me ages to learn that you must select "Display all Blacks Accurately". I could go on moaning my face off like which PDF should I export to PDF X/1a or PDF/ X-3 that took a while as well. But it's a great programme having said all that and it gives me splendid PDF's at the end of it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Re page size in ID (Adobe products in general). Without any document open change units. As with every setting that one wants to stick, do it without any document open, exitt and restart them.