Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with placing objects to the left on website

Hi!

Once again my brain has decided to take a shorter vacation, why I need to ask you for help.

I have previously made this webpage for my brother in DreamWeaver http://andersdahlquist.se/

Now I need to remake the site and since I now work in Xara Designer Pro X10 a problem has occured.
    My problem is that I can't make the pages align to the left of the browser.
    I don't want the content to be centered when I look in the browser, I want things to be aligned to the left.

This is my result so far http://andersdahlquist.se/test/

So, in general, I want to make a "copy" of the original webpage but with changes in graphics etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have a nice day!

Mr. Olle Dahlquist
    Boden
    Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Problems with placing objects to the left on website

I have used this, which overwrites the in-line settings: jQuery Align Page Left.web.
    It works on Conventional and Supersites but you have to add the widgets to each page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn!!!

It works just great.

Still I can't understand why Xara doesn't have options on how to adjust alignment on webpages.

Have a nice day!

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Quote Originally Posted by olledahl View Post
    Thank you Acorn!!!
    Still I can't understand why Xara doesn't have options on how to adjust alignment on webpages.
    /Olle
    Ollie, you aim for all of your functionality hitting the greatest majority of browser configurations possible. Adding in tweaks like this and then testing against everything is expensive.

Xara, however, is riding this crest with a powerful JavaScript interface through cloud.xara and I believe this is only the beginning.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Can someone explain what I need to do to implement this? I tried just placing it on a page, but when viewing the page the page starts left, then jumps to the center.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Can someone explain what I need to do to implement this? I tried just placing it on a page, but when viewing the page the page starts left, then jumps to the center.

Jim
    Jim, you should try adding it to every page of your site.
    It is a kludge. I have not tested it for Variants.
    There is nothing to explain.

Acorn

Do I just drag it onto the page and it should work? What is a kludge?

From Wikipedia: A kludge (or kluge) (/klʌdʒ/, /kluːʒ/, /kluːdʒ/) is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, difficult to extend and hard to maintain, yet an effective and quick solution to a problem.

Thanks for that, Boy.