Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi both, I want to ask you favor
    Im still not registered user of new XaraX. Now use maybe 7th or 8th download (Xara X1.0c DL2) from your xara.com and still waiting you to finish clearing from bugs. I don't want to pay you for some version, I will pay you only for full FINAL version !!! From December past year, I waiting it? OK no problems for me, I am patient.... but what was my today's disapoint?
    Today I understand that Demo(that I use) from your site, and CD version are not equally... why is that? Are you didn't need from my money? Or money of all others that still waiting your final release? How can I understand that the moment to get "FINAL RELEASE" is come?
    Maybe for others that are not from Eastern Europe, 150$ are not so much money, but here salary is just 50-100$ for month !
    How do you Xara Ltd. think? Will I pay 150$ for something that must update from Internet every mont???? Hwo will pay my Internet time to download, and download, and download ubdates?
    Think that is in your interest to support the demo of latest version on your site? Isn't it?

disapointed ignored minimiro [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

P.S. If you don't know, here in Bulgaria was recepted one law... If you want to sell me somekind of software you must make it on my official language - Bulgarian, for other languages on software that I use you can't tach me with finger!!!
    How do you think, what will be better for you - I have latest evualation copy for who I think that is time to pay to have and original CD from you or nevermind how I'll find final release (when she will ready) and use it for commercial without pay you??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Hi both, I want to ask you favor
    Im still not registered user of new XaraX. Now use maybe 7th or 8th download (Xara X1.0c DL2) from your xara.com and still waiting you to finish clearing from bugs. I don't want to pay you for some version, I will pay you only for full FINAL version !!! From December past year, I waiting it? OK no problems for me, I am patient.... but what was my today's disapoint?
    Today I understand that Demo(that I use) from your site, and CD version are not equally... why is that? Are you didn't need from my money? Or money of all others that still waiting your final release? How can I understand that the moment to get "FINAL RELEASE" is come?
    Maybe for others that are not from Eastern Europe, 150$ are not so much money, but here salary is just 50-100$ for month !
    How do you Xara Ltd. think? Will I pay 150$ for something that must update from Internet every mont???? Hwo will pay my Internet time to download, and download, and download ubdates?
    Think that is in your interest to support the demo of latest version on your site? Isn't it?

disapointed ignored minimiro [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

P.S. If you don't know, here in Bulgaria was recepted one law... If you want to sell me somekind of software you must make it on my official language - Bulgarian, for other languages on software that I use you can't tach me with finger!!!
    How do you think, what will be better for you - I have latest evualation copy for who I think that is time to pay to have and original CD from you or nevermind how I'll find final release (when she will ready) and use it for commercial without pay you??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

minimiro.com

I have one offer to you Mark....
    (my name in translation is the same)
    if you prommice me that on every upgrade and bug fix you will send me new CD with Install of final (for moment) version I will send you money in Monday !!!!!!!!

What do you think?

minimiro.com

hey minimiro,

if any programm is worth your money
    it's xara. small, fast, stable ...

and it's one of the cheapest ones compared
    to draw, freehand, illustrator...

50-100 dollars a month wage is so low
    i think you should get your copy with
    90% off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

bla bla

FLySOLO

Minimiro

If you had bought Xara X immediately it became available then you would have been sent the 1.0b CD. Since then we have only made two patches available, one which would have upgraded you to a 1.0c and the current patch which would have upgraded you to 1.0d. These two patches combined are under 4M, about a 20 minute download on a 56K modem. I do not believe this can be a sizeable fraction of most users internet on-line time.
    The patch is not obligatory, it is only required by people affected by the small outstanding problems.

I believe Xara users are pleased that we continue to support them, through the release of patches.
    We gain no income by providing the patches, they require a lot of time and effort, not just for development of new code, but for the testing required and getting the patch technology to work. It is unlikely that we will supply further patches to Xara X 1.0, a completely new version is the next likely release.

The download trial versions of Xara X are supposed to have a free 30 day trial period, after which they and subsequent downloads will not function. It is not intended that people would be repeatedly downloading these files.

I have great sympathy for the relative cost in Bulgaria of $150 and I am aware of some aspects of the economic situation there, you may be pleased to know that we even had a Bulgarian programmer working on Xara at one point and jolly good he was too! He and I much enjoyed the World Cup when Bulgaria ( who were one of my nominees to win the trophy ) beat Germany to go through to the semi-final.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Hello Minimiro

No software application is perfect. Not one. Unless it is has only 10 lines of code :-)

I have used Xara for many years. I also use, and write reviews about, all the other drawing software (CorelDRAW, Illustrator, FreeHand) and they have many, many more problems than Xara.

If you wait until Xara is perfect before you buy, you will never buy Xara, or any other software.

We all work with Xara and if we find problems, we complain, and unlike most software companies, Xara listens to us, and Mark and his team make patches to fix the problems. Most companies charge more money for the patches.

My advice? Buy Xara. You will be happy with Xara.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Reasons you should buy and not wait for the "perfect" copy on CD.

1. XaraX is probably the least expensive vector program with this much ability you'll find.

2. The Xara folks keep making patches which means the bugs or just plain annoyances you report will have a better chance of being fixed than other larger companies are willing to offer for their products.

3. The patches are likely small enough to save in a zip folder on their own floppy in case you want a physical backup for that time when your computer's hard drive gets erased and the Xara company suddenly vanishes (once the mother ship arrives) all at the same time. You'll still have your patches [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's not often that a company listens as much to it's customers and tries to fix everyones' complaints in patches.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

If you have any software that has no bugs or needs no patch, be it from Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, Macromedia or whatever, you're an exceptionally lucky man. Or did you write to Michael Cowpland ("I allready have Draw 10 (avcource cracked) and corel still runing really slooooooooow nevermind of what kind mashine use."
    Your post of February,9th) or Bill Gates, and did they do something special for you?

Do try to act like a gentleman if you want to be treated like one!

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

I think Mark and Gary have said it well. Me 2 cents: I have noticed that once the ariginal betas were released there was a rash of "bigs" reported. Xara did a series of patches each folowed by more "bug" reports. Once this all quieted down Xara released the CD and once again there were "bug" reports and patches. It seems to me that this is a good thing. Xara is a small outfit and have limited resources to test software. (I don't mean the don't do a good job, I thinkd they do) releasing the baeta gave them hundreds of people to test the program in ways they could not expect and on systems that were very diverse. so this showed up bug that would not otherewize be found. Again this is a good thing. What is particularly good is that Xara has been willing to contimue to play this game to everyones benifit. Thats called "being responsive to the needs of the customer." I am grateful for their suport.
    John [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

10x for the answers of all, but nobody answer exact on my questions... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] bad
    Is there someone from You that readed in my post that the Xara is foolish, bad, bugfull, or something like this, program??? >
    May be nobody from you don't know but still in 1998-1999 I sent to Kate Moir from Xara Ltd. some my works... I'm with Xara since 1996 - CorelXara1.1... maybe 50-60% of you at that the time unassumed that has program like this !!!!
    Yes, I know that it's imposible to have 100% bugs free software, but don'want to have one cd and 2-3 patches on hard, and everytime, when must (to Erik) to reinstall my full with Bugs Windows, I must first Install from CD then everytime must apply some patches, to be everyting OK !!!!
    Is there somebody that understand me now???
    When I give 300% of my paymont I want to have one Install on the original CD!!!! OK???
    Don't explain me more how great is the Xara, I know it better than you !!!
    I know that the Xara team is one of the best, that once is writed software... I know that there In this team has one Bulgarian (Mark, PLS send him greeting from Bulgaria and from me)... but still think that the honest to all is that all we have one version (unlincenzed to be trial) so all we can talk to problems of last version!!!
    Not, I talk to some problem in version 1.0c DL2, that haven't nothing common with 1.0d CD !!!!

P.S. Excuse me for my mystakes
    Best regards to Xara team

minimiro.com