Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Filter Forge and Xara

The library and librarian mentioned by Mike are in the email received after purchasing FF, trying to sell you more stuff.

Filter Library Backup is a collection of all the 10,000+ filters from our online filter library in a single ZIP file (29.95 USD)
    Filter Forge Librarian is an auxiliary program that allows you to view the filters inside the Filter Library Backup and select specific filters to be installed into Filter Forge. Note that Librarian won't work if you haven't purchased a Library Backup (39.95 USD).

Here is what FF has to say about these:
    There are 11125 filters available in the online filter library. Though you can freely download them from the website, we also offer an archive of all library filters at a specific date in a single file – a convenient way to load all filters at once into your copy of Filter Forge.

Filter Library Backup without Librarian

If you choose to get a Filter Library Backup without Librarian you will receive a ZIP archive of all library filters. You will need to unpack it and copy its contents to the folder that stores filters on your computer. This option doesn't allow you to select specific filters for import, so you will end up with over 10,000 filters loaded into your Filter Forge. Since there are no caches in the ZIP archive, Filter Forge may take a bit longer to start while processing the newly-added filters.

Filter Library Backup with Librarian (Windows) Recommended option
    The recommended option is a package containing Filter Library Backup with Librarian – an interactive filter browser that simplifies import of filters into Filter Forge. It allows you to preview filters and select specific filters to be installed into Filter Forge. Librarian will automate filter installation (you won't need to copy any files manually); it also generates filter caches for Filter Forge. Librarian is a standalone program that is installed separately and doesn't run simultaneously with Filter Forge.
    IP

I did'nt have any problem getting Filter Forge, I downloaded the trial and Digital River supplied me with the license key on the invoice. When I purchase the library backup and the librarian, The invoice from Digital River said,
    "The publisher will deliver the product within 48 hours. Please contact Filter Forge Inc. directly with any questions about the delivery of your order" That was 10 days ago, I'm still waiting to hear from them.
    IP

Hi Mike,

My answer was for Wizard509 mainly.
    Did you try complaining to DR? Maybe they didn't make the purchase connection with FF.
    IP

My answer was for Wizard509 mainly.
    Yes, so was mine.
    Did you try complaining to DR? Maybe they didn't make the purchase connection with FF.
    I've turned the matter over to PayPal. They can deal with it more effectively than I can.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 24 July 2015 at 08:06 PM.
    IP

Well maybe I did see that but I prefer to look around and just download only the ones I want.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You might need to be patient FF is a small company not unlike Xara they are also in the midst of two major things one being a new version and the second being a complete re write for a 64bit version which they say may be ready soon. I don't use the backup/Libraian because I have my own system of storing frequently used filters on my hard drive and setting up FF to find that folder. Also it may be worth waiting if you are planning on upgrading to FF5 when it comes out of beta as you will need to upgrade the backup and Librarian inorder for it work with V5

I will pass this on to a contact at FF and see if I can get them to post in this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

You might need to be patient FF is a small company not unlike Xara they are also in the midst of two major things one being a new version and the second being a complete re write for a 64bit version which they say may be ready soon.
    Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? They have my money and I have nothing.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Good things come to those who wait I've got an answer for you Mike check your PMs It seems that the folks at filter Forge have been trying to get your files to you but your e-mail provider is blocking them. They are actually a good company and usually provide very good support.

So with this renewed interest in Filter Forge I'm going to put together a collection of filters that I've either designed or modified to work with Xara and the collection will include a Xara selection snippet and a couple of small tutorials on how to use the snippet, and how to manually install the filters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Good things come to those who wait
    I don't think I had much choice. Its very strange that they could not contact me. Thanks for the help.
    IP