Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another bug only a niggle though

I cannot add tool tips to the navigation menu bar. Although the option is there when you edit the menu you can't type any text into the tooltips field. The menu I'm using can be seen here www.sheffieldweather.co.uk This is in version 11 btw

Default Re: Another bug only a niggle though

Why would you want tool tips on a navigation bar? You are better for not figuring out how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Why would you want tool tips on a navigation bar? You are better for not figuring out how to do this.
    Screen Readers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by The PIT View Post
    I cannot add tool tips to the navigation menu bar. Although the option is there when you edit the menu you can't type any text into the tooltips field. The menu I'm using can be seen here www.sheffieldweather.co.uk This is in version 11 btw
    Double-click on the NavBar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-07-14 18.10.10.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	108923
    Click three times on a button row until the blue changes to an edit caret in the Tooltip field.
    Enter the text needed and press the OK button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Screen Readers.

Won't the screen-readers read the menu labels?

The NavBar text is actually rendered as a graphic.
    The text does exist in the Alt parameter but this is a poor second to a description of what the button does in a Tooltip.

That is why I prefer creating buttons using CSS rollover effects.

Acorn

The text does exist in the Alt parameter but this is a poor second to a description of what the button does in a Tooltip.

Well, the description on the label is the description that sighted people use, so it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Well, the description on the label is the description that sighted people use, so it should be fine.
    I have had to deliver to http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/ AA level for my designs so while Alt text is useful, it is better to augment with other textual context.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Double-click on the NavBar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-07-14 18.10.10.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	108923
    Click three times on a button row until the blue changes to an edit caret in the Tooltip field.
    Enter the text needed and press the OK button.

Acorn
    You've got to click three times. Sure I've done that via annoyance. That is rather silly and needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by The PIT View Post
    You've got to click three times. Sure I've done that via annoyance. That is rather silly and needs to be fixed.
    If you click on the row, it goes blue (selected).
    if you then click once on the Tooltip of the selected row, it becomes editable.

Impatient people (me) double click then click again to make a count of three.

Acorn