Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publish ePub and Kindle eBooks

Will Page & Layout Designer be able to create eBooks for Kindle and Apple products directly or will it only be able to create a document that will need further manipulation to create those formats?
    Joe

Default Re: Publish ePub and Kindle eBooks

Kindle books are fairly straight forward, a PDF will suffice as I remember.

Apple is another story. They go out of their way to make the entire process next to impossible. This may have changed since I created some iPad apps but as I recall it was a nightmare. There are some companies that will convert your PDF file to an Apple e-book format.

I just found this https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/book...442378070?mt=8 Might work.

Thanks Gary. It seems from what I can see from online searches is that it is easier to create a document then use other software to convert that to either epub or mobi. I have found some software that is a pseudo word processor that will save the document to one of the formats, but I have never heard of the companies and do not really trust that they stay up to date. I was just hoping for an easy one-button click to do everything for me. Typical end user I am.
    Joe

For Kindle ebooks I use Jutoh.