Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animated Texted?

Hi guys, I need an animated text generator that will allow me scroll three levels of text and then stop! Not scroll in and then leave. I tried 3D v7 and no help. Is there another generator out there that can do the job. Here's an example of the generator I need. See link: http://www.novusmedicalgroup.com/

Okay, I found this: http://demo.web-dorado.com/multi-lay...view=slider_wd

It is known as a Multi-layer slider. Does Xara have something like this? if so...what program is it?
    Last edited by Head Coach; 12 July 2015 at 05:13 PM.

Info Re: Animated Texted?

Quote Originally Posted by Head Coach View Post
    Hi guys, I need an animated text generator that will allow me scroll three levels of text and then stop! Not scroll in and then leave. I tried 3D v7 and no help. Is there another generator out there that can do the job. Here's an example of the generator I need. See link: http://www.novusmedicalgroup.com/

Okay, I found this: http://demo.web-dorado.com/multi-lay...view=slider_wd

It is known as a Multi-layer slider. Does Xara have something like this? if so...what program is it?
    It's called Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and others from the same codebase.

You can build up a number of effects using Web Animation.

Quick example: Multi-layer Slider.web

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 July 2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: My poor English corrected.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Animated Texted?

Nice, that was very helpful. I checked out the Xara YouTube Video on Animation. But, how do I change the direction of the text as far as how it enters. Currently it's going from left to right. How can I change the direction for it to go from right to left? I looked for a directional button...but no luck. Thanks

If you right click on the item in Xara 11, choose 'web animation' and then select the 'reveal' tab there is a pulldown menu called 'Trigger object name', you can select the direction from there.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    If you right click on the item in Xara 11, choose 'web animation' and then select the 'reveal' tab there is a pulldown menu called 'Trigger object name', you can select the direction from there.
    Beat me to it,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn - certainly didn't want to tread on any toes!

Just thought that I would try and spread the load by answering questions that were in my (limited) sphere of understanding and let you experts answer the questions that I certainly couldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Sorry Acorn - certainly didn't want to tread on any toes!

Just thought that I would try and spread the load by answering questions that were in my (limited) sphere of understanding and let you experts answer the questions that I certainly couldn't!
    It's not the Klondike - I have no claim, I was acknowledging your valid response and grateful that others are interested. As an aside, I try to point people in the right direction as I find that if someone works it out, it sticks.

Looking forward to more collaboration.
    Acorn

Wow...I am blessed. Thanks too both of you guys! Now, LOL, I need to make text that is white, with a black shadow around the text so that the white can be seen, as it moves on top of the picture. But I am having problems moving both the text and the shadow underneath. I tried to soft group select, but didn't work. So I tried a group select and that still didn't work. How can I get the shadow to move with the text?

Okay, now here's a crazy question. If I change the direction of the so that it comes from the right to the left, does that mean that now I have to also change the name? Example: the first text was named is "FREE YOURSELF" and the second part also "FREE YOURSELF". Now, the text has a drop shadow in the back ground and the text will start off on the right side that is transparent. I set both the text and the drop shadow to 100% and then grouped them together. Then I took the last text on the far left and did the same thing accept the drop shadow is 50% transparent so it's a little darker. But for some reason when I click on View flash, it still moves from left to right, even though I changed the direction by right click and selecting Revel > Animation. It still crazy and goes from left to right. Maybe I have to start over.
    Last edited by Head Coach; 14 July 2015 at 12:07 AM.

Hello Head Coach, I believe you're getting confused here. To start with you have asked the same question in two different threads.

In the other thread I posted:
    I don't know what Xara software you're using, it's not listed in your profile
    If you've got XWD11 then my response in that other thread is not required as WD11 now has animation options, so no need for Flash previews or naming objects as the new animations are html 5 (I thinks).

If you've got an earlier version of Web Designer you'll need to go along the direction of my solution in the other thread.

So assuming you've got XWD11, download the attached web file, right click on one of the text lines, select Web Animation, Reveal, and see how it can be done now.

However you won't be able to adjust the shadow transparencies between the start and end, but it fades in as it moves in from right to left.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wow! Amazing. Sorry, I reposted the comment because I wasn't sure that it was posted in the right place the first time....sorry. I will check out the file you sent and see if I can incorporate it. But to answer your question I have XWD11 Premium.