Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default This will be sending a shiver down the Adobe spine..

Just released. Yearly pricing a fraction of Adobe Photoshop.

I think the Affinity range will be hitting Adobe hard as time goes by.

https://vimeo.com/132757806

Default Re: This will be sending a shiver down the Adobe spine..

If it were available on Windows, I think that not only Adobe would be a bit worried.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

The price is great and it's not a subscription. A Windows version may happen someday according to the developers (they've coded it to be fairly straightforward to do) but that's got to be a long ways away. I think this program along with the yet-to-be released Affinity Publisher will be be an awesome combo for Mac users. Time to dust off my MacBook Pro!

All that for £40! Did you see in the new release of Serif's DrawPlus X8 that some of Affinity tools have been brought into that. It is such a pity that GU is so poor it could be a great programme if they sorted out that: http://www.serif.com/drawplus/?MC=SE...FUPLtAodMHcH6Q
    Design is thinking made visual.

Really impressed by the style of the sales video too. Much better than plodding through features!

They've always done pretty good videos. Sometimes they are "too good." For instance, the pattern fill video demonstrates something that cannot actually be done in DP X8 as shown. The people doing the videos have been rather creative at times for each application and Serif has been caught out on them in the past, just like the referenced fill video.

I use DP quite a bit at times for various tasks. Like mentioned, the interface, particularly the 1990s list controls, leave a lot to be desired. It also has some functionality limitations for some tasks. But otherwise it is a decent application.

Mike

As mentioned, it will eventually be available for Windows.

The Affinity line is not only a new set of applications for a different OS than Serif has historically been involved with, it marks a complete shift in how Serif designs and builds software. If anything is really remarkable it is that fact. It is extremely difficult for a mature company to make such an internal change with the same management and most of the same people in place.