Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Mobile Friendly Test Not Seeing The Site as Mobile

Hello

I have made my site mobile ready via WD11 but running the test in Google tells me it is not mobile friendly and actually shows the desktop site.

Do not know why, it states these error: This page may appear not mobile-friendly because the robots.txt file may block Googlebot from loading some of the page's resources.

If it is the robot file how do I get it so it shows properly.

Thank you for any help on this, you can view the site here: http://www.sluhosting.com/

Google Friendly URL: https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...sluhosting.com

Thank you again

Default Re: Google Mobile Friendly Test Not Seeing The Site as Mobile

Hi Mlstomer, it looks like you just used scale to fit option which is not seen as mobile friendly. You need to add variants for mobile devices before Google will see your site as mobile friendly

Thanks for getting back, sorry but did not do that, I set it up as Utilities > Website Variates > Mobile.

In fact WD11 is showing as a mobile tab. If you close on the page edge for www.sluhosting.com it shows as a mobile site.

So not sure why.

Thank you

Google will look at everything from text size to size of any links/buttons and the space around them, they will look at loading speed as well. Look around at some sites which pass the test and you'll see what you need to do, for instance where it says 'Links' in the footer area the text links are far too small and too close together and on a mobile it would be easy to click on the wrong link.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Cloud

Will try this and see hat happens

Thank you

The only variant I can see is @720px which is not mobile friendly. You need to make one for @480px or below

Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly.
    Result I get from Google. Have you sorted it?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host