Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: BigBudZZ.com - created in PROX10

I don't believe that the content of this site (or any other site for that matter) is relevant to most of the questions asked about the use of Xara products.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Pauland
    so you DoNOT smoke cigarettes or drink any kind of Alcohol ?
    ... if so you are a hypocrite.

I don't smoke. Several family members, including my father have died from smoking-related cancer. People on TG know my aversion to smoking very well.

Drinking. I hardly drink. I know several people who'se lives have been totally ruined by drinking. If drinking alcohol was banned, I wouldn't notice and be happy because I'd rather abstain than have people (and their families) lead wretched lives because of it.

Both smoking and drinking alcohol are legal in just about every non-islamic country worldwide.

Historically, Weed has been seen as a harmless recreational drug with some medicinal benefit. OK, but I'd not like to see it's use promoted by proxy on TG considering it is illegal in so many places and has the potential to be a gateway for a very sad existence for so many people and their families. Your site vibe is that weed is a fun thing but the reality can be very different. I'm not interesting in TG helping fuel candidates for the Jeremy Kyle show.

If I am a hypocrite, I'm barely a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Geez. It's legal where the site is.

Geez. It's illegal where I am. I'll make the comment again.

I'm not sure why we're fussing over a site promoting something that ruins many families.

That's true, legal or not.
    Then take this discussion to the Mod section and y'all debate it there. If it is decided by the Powers That Be this discussion over the site shouldn't be here, deal with it.

If it is decided that the thread should stand, remove all these posts that are not about the site and you deal with your sense of morality and legality.

If you really feel the morality/legality discussion is valid, move these off-topic posts to the lounge where it can be discussed outside of this proper thread about a site review.

...and has the potential to be a gateway for a very sad existence for so many people and their families. Your site vibe is that weed is a fun thing but the reality can be very different. I'm not interesting in TG helping fuel candidates for the Jeremy Kyle show.

If I am a hypocrite, I'm barely a hypocrite.
    The gateway thing is an old stereotype and has been disproved again and again.

Obsession and overuse of anything has the exact same harmful effects as does pot. I am not a pot smoker. I don't advocate pot smoking despite it being legal here now. In reality it is no different than alcohol. The main difference is countries figured out how to tax alcohol a long time ago. They are just now figuring out how to do so with pot.

We have Muslims that visit here and have occasionally posted. I have seen more than a few sites put up for review that would not be tolerated in in a Muslim country. Gonna have the sane discussion over those as well?

Still going, Mike?

I was all set to not post after #15, but you guys..

Just replying after your replies, Paul.

Bit pointless Mike.

Pauland
    thanks for all the constructive comments about my XARA website.
    I will address everything you have conveyed & hopefully
    my site will be much better now.

Bit pointless Mike.
    Why? Cannot you also stop...'cause it's also a bit pointless, eh?

Tell ya what, go ahead and point out the pointlessness again. I'll be done with this one pointing out your posting to point out my pointlessness is also pointless.

yes, sorry.
    never meant for this to get away from the original posting
    ------