Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
All appreciated.
I personally use MS Excel or MS Access and Mail Merge into MS Word as I have control over style and layout and then just copy into Xara or add the Xara label as an MS Word background.

I took it as a "what can I do with just Xara (and free tools)".

Acorn
One can argue that while adding JASON, jQuery and REBOL are free, they too are not native to Xara products as would be needed to build a merging interface that integrates into an Xara product--the Xara product being a mere shell to hold outside programming languages at that point.

For professional print to exacting color demands, I would charge extra if you handed me a print PDF made from Word and likely MS Publisher if one didn't know how to get accurate color from Publisher.

I don't want to keep hammering on this point. It's a valid request made by the OP. XDP cannot handle thisnatively. No matter what free "tools" you find doesn't negate the fact that Xara products cannot currently do this.

And beside, $20 to get the job done? My time shoe-horning a web interface into XDP is worth far more than $20 to end up with professional quality output.