Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default RWD site questions.

Three questions: I'm using the template Vue on the premium version 10 if that helps.

1) I don't want 3 different sizes. Just mobile and desktop. This (Vue) has Main, mobile and 640. I try to delete the 640 and end up deleting all of them... Anyway I can just delete the 640?

2) My site has many, many pages, tons of info which is mainly just text. Each template automatically updates itself if I use the original (pre installed) templates, but when I create a blank page it goes like this: Insert new blank page. It creates the same blank page across all three sizes. I add the text box and type. Only one page size is altered. So then I have to go in and copy & paste to the other two pages. Any added images also must be copy & pasted on all three pages separately. Not an issue if the site is 10-15 pages, but mine is looking at being over 50. I expect to make minor adjustments on each, but it's getting out of hand all the copying and pasting and I'm frustrated. The index page automatically matched the text across all three... isn't there a way it can be done for a blank page? Or to set up a template with just text?

3) My navigation bar doesn't update on all three either. I make changes to one and then I have to go in and make changes to the other two (like linking pages). I do not want the pages in order as I have sub menus. Any way to make this easier?

I guess if my #1 answer is solved I can deal with the other two. Since then I'll only be doing each page twice instead of three times. Thank you so much!!!

Default Re: RWD site questions.

OK. I just tried this and it works.

Right click on the pasteboard and select Website Variants > Website Variants. Select the variant you don't want and click Delete.

2) Select the content on the new page, right click and select Website Variants > Share with All Variants

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. I just tried this and it works.

Right click on the pasteboard and select Website Variants > Website Variants. Select the variant you don't want and click Delete.

2) Select the content on the new page, right click and select Website Variants > Share with All Variants

Thank you! I tried that, (#2), but it makes the text the same width on the mobile side. It's better than the copy & pasting, but is there a better way? Should I be using a text box?

#1 worked awesome, thanks!

Never-mind, I'm sorry! I got it!!!! I just had to create the text box, adjust on both pages, share the variants (the missing piece of the puzzle), adjust the widths & then create a new blank page based on that one... Wha-la, like magic it's exactly (EXACTLY!!!) what I wanted! Thank you so very much!!!

Pleasure.