Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Church Website Outlining Our Church Vision

I think JamesD means that the site seems to be created on software other than xara, I see that it is based on the Mozernizer library and php and there is nothing to indicate that it is xara, not in the source (a line from the source code - 'http://www.resoundchurch.com/main/wp-content/plugins/ indicates wordpress plugin, and xara uses <span class= for text, but yours uses <p>, as far as I know now one has been able to put lines of text into a <p> to create proper paragraphs in xara) the site's even using woocommerce, strictly a wordpress plugin. In which case this should be moved to another part of the forum, I have been told that in this part of the forum the thread is moderated so surely the moderator must be checking if a site is created in xara or not, if not then maybe I can post some of my adobe muse sites here as well -
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP

Oregon, USA (Pine Trees, Mountains, and Hipsters)

The circular resound church logo does link to a site that is made in Wordpress. So maybe that's what you're seeing? It's definitely made in Xara. The only exception I forgot, is I did use the Gimp to get the Gassian Blur effect on the background image. I could upload the .web file if you like?
    --CeeJ
    IP

As far as the text goes, I simply copy-pasted it out of a word processor and subsequently tweaked it within Xara as needed. As I recall, Xara asked me if I should keep the original formatting or not. So I guess technically it wasn't made 100% in Xara if you count the text and the background image, and the embedded YouTube videos.
    --CeeJ
    IP

I know that the site is a wordpress theme called artlqd as shown here https://themetix.com/artlqd/ .

Yes the initial landing page is clearly xara as shown by the source code, but once you click on the circular logo it takes you to a wordpress site as you have said, but then the question is why is a website made with wordpress in this section of the forum, the site is nice and everything but should really be in the Site Design and Publishing (non-Xara) section which is where the rest of us creating sites using software other than xara have to post, so the question is not targeted at you but the moderator for this section.

Again well done on the site itself.

IP

My bad on this, I thought that the wordpress site linked using the circular logo was the site you were showcasing.

The problem with unconventional navigation is that it is confusing and sometimes frustrating, that is why User Experience is far more important than User Interface, user interfaces look pretty but when done in an unconventional style they take away from the user experience. Forget everything I said in my other posts but be aware that without the presence of the right pointers to information it can lead to very high bounce rates, also a home/index page can contribute significantly to seo but only is there is actually any information on it. I did this a few years back and the site got nowhere in search results, once I got rid of the landing page and moved to a more conventional home page I saw an increase up the rankings within the month.

IP

That's what I done too Cloud
    IP

So, I added a pointer to the landing page to try and make it more obvious that the icons are clickable. Do you guys think that's enough? Any ideas to make it more obvious while still preserving an elegant design?
    --CeeJ
    IP

I personally don't like landing pages. If it was me I would ditch the landing page
    IP

So, now I am seeing quite a different site from earlier. I really liked the first one (which apparently has been removed) and, to be honest, I don't really care for this one.
    IP

A huge thumbs-down on both presentation and content.

I hate the background graphic and the page layout is just one thing after another and loads of text.

The content itself seems more about preaching a particular religious agenda at the visitor rather than engaging them in a partnership with god.
    IP