Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default potential layer issue in website

Hi,

I tried making a minor tweak to a .web file that published and looked fine last November. Tried to publish it again and while it previews fine, in Firefox 38.0.5, the banner disappears. Looks ok in IE 11. That's a switch.

The site is valsug.org. I used WD 10 Premium. It looks like an overlay issue but I don't see it.

Am I missing something?

I stored the .web file as vs.zip in the root of the site (valsug.org/vs.zip).

Much appreciated.

--Ben

Default Re: potential layer issue in website

Ben - I just previewed in Firfox 38.0.5, both your original file and online and the banner is fine.

I would add a page title and the other meta data to your site unless you are flying under the radar and don't care to be found by search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ben - I just previewed in Firfox 38.0.5, both your original file and online and the banner is fine.

I would add a page title and the other meta data to your site unless you are flying under the radar and don't care to be found by search engines.
    Wow, that's even stranger. At least it's just me. Thanks for the suggestions, Gary. Much appreciated!

--Ben

Hi

Anyone have Safari on an iPhone or iPad? Same thing happening on that browser as well--the header background image drops out as well as the background on the menu. ?

Ben

I can confirm on Safari and iPhone 5s.
    This may not help but it is worth a try. Select the entire banner and bring it to the front.

I tried with Safari on a Mac and the banner is broken, as are the buttons.

I also tried FF 38.0.5 on a Mac and it's broken there too.

Sorry.

Update:

I also tried Chrome and the result was interesting - at first the page loads and the banner appears, as do the buttons and it looks good, but then the buttons are lost and the banner goes.

Made me think you might have two sets of navigation on top of each other or something.

On an Android in Opera, default browser, Chrome & FireFox all graphic menus & header either don't appear or do so for a brief period and then disappear. However the site doesn't appear to have a mobile variant either, just a desktop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valsug.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	108322  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I checked with Xara Support this week end found this is indeed a bug. They are fixing it and an update should be out soon.

Thanks for all the help with this one!

--Ben