Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing the navigation structure

I wonder if anyone can help me find more information on the Xara Web Designer 11 navigation structure, I am having trouble discovering how to move pages from top level to lower level pages and moving pages into a sub menu etc.

I can add and remove pages to and from the website move pages up or down in the structure but that's about it

Cheers
    Ade

Default Re: changing the navigation structure

Are you referring to the Nav Bar structure or the Page & Layout Gallery structure?

It is the nav bar structure so I can change what pages are shown in the website menu and rearrange any pages in the order I want, I hope that made sense

Quote Originally Posted by Orelanic View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help me find more information on the Xara Web Designer 11 navigation structure, I am having trouble discovering how to move pages from top level to lower level pages and moving pages into a sub menu etc.

I can add and remove pages to and from the website move pages up or down in the structure but that's about it

Cheers
    Ade
    Ade, there isn't a sub-structure in a Xara design, only a list of ordered pages.
    You create a structure through a NavBar.

You can create a number of sub-site and place them in site folders but again the linkage would be through navigation links.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - I think what Orelanic is asking is how to create sub-menus.

If so, double click on the nav bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties.

You can change the order as well as the name of each page and make the text all caps or caps and lowercase or all lowercase. But you have to do this one page at a time.

You can reorder the pages by dragging the page entry to a new position.

To create a sub menu, click the + next to the page you want to add a sub menu to, then double click where it says to double click and select the page you want to add. Repeat this to add more pages.

You can delete pages from the main bar. This does not delete the pages from the Page & Layer Gallery, just from the Navigation Bar. And you can add the deleted pages under any of the other main pages.

For more details click help in the Navigation Bar Properties menu (or any menu for that matter) to see context sensitive help for that particular feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav bar properties.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	108387  

@Gary, I think with our combined detail, we've covered the bases,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, that cleared up some confusion I know understand a lot more.

Kind regards
    Ade