Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recall seeing a post on TalkGraphics not to long ago which mentioned a software that was available to stop all these annoying pop-ups (it is really getting bad!). Does anyone recall that post?

I recall seeing a post on TalkGraphics not to long ago which mentioned a software that was available to stop all these annoying pop-ups (it is really getting bad!). Does anyone recall that post?

No, but you might want to try Webwasher -> www.webwasher.com

It's free for personal use and it eliminates them buggers, as well as banners, scripts and whatever you wish.

&nbspWolfgang

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I've been using the free version and it works pretty good. Panic Ware Pop-up Stopper

My Stuff

Thanks for the information. I'll give these a try; maybe I'll get my monitor screen back!

The browser Opera ( www.opera.com ) has settings to control pop-ups ... press F12 and choose accept, refuse, or open in background.

PS ... if you read a post somewhere where I state that Operas no-pop-up settings caused problems in IE6 new window spawning, disregard that .... it wasn't Opera's at all but the installation of micrografx's Picture Publisher 10 demo which ruined IE's new window functions

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

I like Killad the best.

It is small and freeware, and when set to Terminator Mode, it kills about 90% of popups. On regular mode, it kills about 70%.

It has a peculiarity that it won't allow you to open any extra windows on your desktop when activated. If you try to open Word or Xara while surfing, it will automatically close them as if they are popups! This oddity is easy to get used to. You just open the windows, then activate Killad, and it allows ONLY the open windows to be open.

There are other shareware programs that do as well or a bit better, but Killad is free, small, and works pretty well.

Get it at http://wwwwin.wplus.net/pp/fsc/.

BTW, if you go to this site, several popups will open (about six of them in a stack in one location). It is really annoying, and all of these are identical, so you might think it is one popup that you can't close. I wish they'd take that off the site.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on June 08, 2002 at 12:59.]

I use a program that is called PopUp Killer (just as you see typed here)

You can get the newest version from Here

The original PopUp Killer met it's demise a while back but it's since been picked up by the community and is now open code. So it's slowly making a come back.

I have used it for about a year now and the only thing that is annoying about it is if you are on a site that uses popups to give you more info, like payment options or "larger images" popups it will close them. All you have to do it right click on the lightning bolt icon in the tray and choose "disable" and go about your business on that particular site then when your finished then right click and "enable" it again and go for it.

The program has saved me many a annoying moment. It's quite useful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Pop-up stopper from Panicware, simply the best. Even my youngest kids know how to use it.

The software that I use is "NO ADS". I am really happy with it. The link to there website is:
    South Bay PC. It's freeware.

Kitti
    Vizual Elements