Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Get rid of Google fonts

Hi, I am having problems with the standard Google fonts imported in 1 of the free available themes in Web Designer 10 Premium

I have spend a whole day now trying to get rid of them, they give a warning about unsafe content in our SSL pages.
    I have seen in some checking tools that Open Sans and Abel are used and called from:

Code:
    “http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:regular,700&subset=latin” geblokkeerd
    so a non https source
    We tried getting all text in Arial but even then these lines stay there

anybody have a tip where to get rid of this and replace all these Google fonts for something standard?

Default Re: Get rid of Google fonts

You should be able to use the name gallery to select and change the fonts if your version has a name gallery.

But you can also serve Google fonts to both secure and non-secure sites/pages by changing how the url is formed. This may be something for Xara to change so one doesn't need to publish to disk, alter the code and publish using ftp.

A quick url:
    http://www.amixa.com/blog/2012/06/06...cure-messages/

thanks for the answer, on name gallery I can't find them, just the page nav bar
    changing the google font url could solve it, but where to do that?

I changed it now by hand directly in FTP
    no warning any more

but is there a way to do this somewhere in the program so I don't need to change it each time by hand?

Hi Peter, welcome. I believe the links are in the index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css file. But as Mike is pointing out this file is created afresh when the site is uploaded, so you need to keep a copy elsewhere to overwrite it again, or edit the file in Filezilla. It would soon become a pia

EDIT: Whoops! Cross posting
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Peter,

I use XDP, not the Web products. Perhaps the Name gallery is a XDP thing. But, if it is in your Xara product, look under the Utilities menu, Galleries. Shift+Ctrl+F9 is the keyboard shortcut in XDP.

In any case, if it is available (and it should be I would think), the Menu item should show it.

Mike