Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: TaskPilot Slideshow error - failed to create api - anyone having issues?

Hi - been a long time since I posted, but I'm having a few problems with the Xara Slideshow (aka Task Pilot slideshow), so, rather than start a new topic, I'll post back in this one :

Basically, I have a site that I need to edit the slideshows on (there are a few on there), but I can't get access to them.

I'm using WD11 Premium (the site was created in that) - I did/do have 365, but the licence has stopped on that (and the versions I have on my laptop and workstation) don't have the Xara slideshow available (even though it was on there). So, not only have I lost it in my (non updated) 365, but also in my full install of 11 Premium.

if I try and edit the slideshow and login, I get an SSL security error...

So, a bit annoyed that I can't use something that I had in 11 Premium. I was having text issues (on website export) on 365 back when I made the site in question (Aug 2016), so I used WD11 Premium as it exported the text as it should have been... now I find I can't get back in and edit/change (or even have access to) a widget that was part of the normal install of WD11 premium?!?

BTW - to show how out of the loop I am, I didn't know about the Xara/Magix change etc... just reading up on all this

Any help/tips or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: TaskPilot Slideshow error - failed to create api - anyone having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkfish View Post
    Hi - been a long time since I posted, but I'm having a few problems with the Xara Slideshow (aka Task Pilot slideshow), so, rather than start a new topic, I'll post back in this one :

Basically, I have a site that I need to edit the slideshows on (there are a few on there), but I can't get access to them.

I'm using WD11 Premium (the site was created in that) - I did/do have 365, but the licence has stopped on that (and the versions I have on my laptop and workstation) don't have the Xara slideshow available (even though it was on there). So, not only have I lost it in my (non updated) 365, but also in my full install of 11 Premium.

if I try and edit the slideshow and login, I get an SSL security error...

So, a bit annoyed that I can't use something that I had in 11 Premium. I was having text issues (on website export) on 365 back when I made the site in question (Aug 2016), so I used WD11 Premium as it exported the text as it should have been... now I find I can't get back in and edit/change (or even have access to) a widget that was part of the normal install of WD11 premium?!?

BTW - to show how out of the loop I am, I didn't know about the Xara/Magix change etc... just reading up on all this

Any help/tips or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks
    If you have your serial number for XWD11P, you can still download and use it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    If you have your serial number for XWD11P, you can still download and use it.

Acorn
    Hi

I still have WDP11 running (on both my machines), and (I'd presumed) a full library... but the Widget isn't there. I have kept all my previous WD installs running/active, as I often find I need a feature from an old one (like making a nav bar from text or a grouped set etc).

I've loaded one of my site saved files (ie the version I used to create the site from) and clicked on one of the slideshow/widgets (within the file) to edit it. This opens up a browser style dialogue - and prompts me to enter email/password... then, once I've done this, I get the SSL error (essentially, the mini browser window won't show anything).

So, a bit stuck really.

Going to cook a very late Sunday meal now (I'll be in trouble with the other half!) so will check back later and see if there's anything I'm missing etc.

Thanks.

Well, 100% my copies of XWD11P don't have the Xara Slideshow widget.

My Xara 365 (last version I updated to) has an empty content folder, so I guess I didn't install anything much as I dropped back to using 11 at the time (as there were issues exporting simple web text/fonts)... I do have a CD copy (but moved house recently, so it's in a box somewhere).

Basically, I presume I'm being forced to move to Magix's latest 365 version in order for the Xara slideshow widget to work (even in legacy versions) - a bit of a disappointment really, as I'd have thought it was a permanent fixture of XWD11P (and Xara's last 365).

If I update to the latest version, I presume I will get the widget back? Related to this, will I also get the Xara widget back in XWD11P? I'd actually rather use this version... guess I need to find who to email about this.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkfish View Post
    If I update to the latest version, I presume I will get the widget back? Related to this, will I also get the Xara widget back in XWD11P? I'd actually rather use this version... guess I need to find who to email about this.
    Kate Moir of Xara advised it had been removed from V12 and that is would come back. It only has in V15. I didn't realise it had been purged from V11 as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Kate Moir of Xara advised it had been removed from V12 and that is would come back. It only has in V15. I didn't realise it had been purged from V11 as well.

Acorn
    Hmmm - so I guess the only route is to go to the latest version then (V15) at least I can edit in there (I hope!).

Is there any way to petition or get it back in V11?