Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TaskPilot Slideshow error - failed to create api - anyone having issues?

Hi Everyone

Long time user of Web Designer (going back to V7) - but the first time I've posted (and joined the forum to do it!).

I can't get the Task Pilot Slideshow Widget to function (it was working fine until today).

Basically, I'm in the middle of a new site for a client and I'd done a couple of Gallery style slide-shows using the new Task Pilot widget. All well and good, did these at the weekend, but I now need to change some of the images within them.

No issues, I thought - just open up and edit... but I'm getting an error and the Edit Widget: TaskPilot Slideshow Widget won't work - it gives 'Failed to access api' on the widget screen and then a 'Warning from Xara Web Designer 11 premium' window appears with 'Failed to find click element'. So, I can't edit the slideshows I have in my site build... but, neither can I use the widget to create a new slideshow (that was my second plan!).

Now, I'm thinking of creating a new TaskPilot account and seeing if that allows me access the Widget (as I can easily build it again).

Just wondering if it's an error on the Task Pilot site?

Thanks for any help, typically, my deadline is tomorrow, so it's one of those last minute, PITA things.

Cheers!

MMF

Default Re: TaskPilot Slideshow error - failed to create api - anyone having issues?

OK, quick update.

Still getting the API error, so I decided to do a full clean install on a different machine (on a workstation I use for CGI - it's never had Web Designer installed on it... I'd normally not use it, but I wanted to test as much as I could before giving up!). So, full clean install of WD11P (activated using my licence - I presume I can have it installed on different machines, never tried before!) and the exact same API error using my original Task Pilot log-in.

So, created a second Task Pilot account, and that failed to create api too, so, safe to assume it's an error at source?

Is there anyway to see/check on-line if there are issues affecting Task Pilot? That would have saved me a lot of time (rolling back Windows and checking to see if my original machine had any issues - then installing to a new machine etc).

Default Re: TaskPilot Slideshow error - failed to create api - anyone having issues?

Hi Madmonkfish,

The whole of the new Xara Cloud or whatever it's called is a Beta version. I'd suggest steering clear of it for now, it needs much more development.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Madmonkfish,

The whole of the new Xara Cloud or whatever it's called is a Beta version. I'd suggest steering clear of it for now, it needs much more development.
    Hi Egg - grrr! is all I can say, LOL.

The Widget has been working fine for days, just died today (I presume) as this was the day the client provided new images for the slideshow - and I can't edit the damn thing now.

Oh well, at least one of the galleries I've made is Ok for the client... guess I'll have to persuade them to trash the second one (for now).

Note - I did think, after having to create a TaskPilot log-in (etc) that it was asking for trouble that the Widget calls a remote service... as it stops WD being a complete program... and causes stuff like this when they mess up on their servers/software etc.

Just another update.

This afternoon, the Widget started working again - so I went into speed mode and made the alterations to the galleries... just in case it wnt down again.

I also submitted a ticket last night & got a reply this afternoon. Basically, they couldn't see a problem on their side (maybe because it was working again?!?), but they also mentioned that Xara uses IE protocols to connect the widgets to the servers.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this, as Egg mentioned, it's all a bit 'Beta' ATM. But, at least I managed to get the site done for my client

Hi, not sure if you have sorted your problem or not.
    I had exactly the same issue.
    They have now issued a patch to solve this.
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?/N...ner-premium-11
    Taskpilot is out Xara widget is in!

Quote Originally Posted by Teeser View Post
    Hi, not sure if you have sorted your problem or not.
    I had exactly the same issue.
    They have now issued a patch to solve this.
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?/N...ner-premium-11
    Taskpilot is out Xara widget is in!
    Thanks for reporting this update,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am using version xXaraweb Designer Premium 12.6.2.49603 DL x64 April 25 2017.

Using the Xara Slideshow Widget gives me the error "failed to find click element" when I try to insert an image

i cannot create and update slide shows

appreciate help

regards
    Henry

Hi henryluiz,

The Xara Slideshow widget isn't an internal widget and so you cannot drag and drop photos into the widget. If you delete your current Xara Slideshow widget, then re-insert it and add photos by pressing the + button in the Manage Photos tab, this should work as expected.

Thanks,
    Ben

Hi

Thank you ...that worked great

regards
    Henry