Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help needed by beginner

I am trying to review Xara software as a replacement for XSite Pro that I have been using for the past few years and is no longer supported.

I have come across Xara and played around, but cannot see how to have nested or sub-pages. Obviously using the wrong search word in help.

Can Xara do this?

Also

Can I have a graphics album where a thumbnail is clicked to show the picture.

Are the pages, as published, optimised for mobile phone use.

Thanks

Alan

Default Re: Help needed by beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Nathan View Post
    I am trying to review Xara software as a replacement for XSite Pro that I have been using for the past few years and is no longer supported.

I have come across Xara and played around, but cannot see how to have nested or sub-pages. Obviously using the wrong search word in help.

Can Xara do this?
    No..

Also

Can I have a graphics album where a thumbnail is clicked to show the picture.
    Yes.. See the Designs gallery for prepared Gallery pages, or create your own popup Highslide images from the Web Properties>>Image section.

Are the pages, as published, optimised for mobile phone use.

Thanks

Alan
    You can create 'variants' that are displayed when the site is accessed via mobile device (see Help, Search 'variants')

With Xara Web Designer there is no HTML until you export/publish your design. Only then is the HTML generated.

Default Re: Help needed by beginner

I have enjoyed learning XARA web designing from over 130 some tutorials on this free youtube site. They are easy to understand and very well produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8mu...EC04CD&index=1