Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Is it possible to save text effects to easily apply to copy and pasted text?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Is there a reason that each card has to be in a separate file?
    There is no impediment for opening lots of separate files; they will all appear in tabs.
    I would have thought that as these are a deck of cards, you ought to have created one file with 100 pages as you could have set up the common elements in the first page and simply duplicate that page multiple times. I am not certain if Live Copies are available in your product; you'll need to check in the Help.

The point of your Post was getting the text effect attributes into each card.
    Create a text block with all the required attributes.
    Use the Select Tool to clone or Copy and move or Paste the copy to another card.
    Open this with the Text Tool.

Copy the needed text from your PDF document and paste over the text with all the effects.
    PDF copy & paste, I have found, provides text without formatting.
    If I am wrong, you need to drop it into Notepad and copy out from there.

Tedious but achieves a consistent result.

Acorn

Each card has to be separate because of the way the input process works at thegamecrafter.com. There is a way to do a single file multi-card input but it does not work very well. Which is why it's usually recommended to produce a separate file for each card.
    I can copy and paste text for the most part without any problem, except it usually removes any special fonts I use. Which brings me to another problem I have with identifying the font whenever I open it in Xara.
    For some reason every time I open one of these files I get this error message:
    This document contains fonts that are not currently installed (Including WarnockPro-bold and WarnockPro-regular). They have been substituted. Use the name gallery to identify and if necessary replace the fonts.
    I don't change anything and the fonts are still the ones the program identified as being not installed. They are listed in the dropdown list of fonts to select from. I am not even sure why I get that message but it happens every time I open the template to create a new card or one of the ones I have already created.

Default Re: Is it possible to save text effects to easily apply to copy and pasted text?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I don't change anything and the fonts are still the ones the program identified as being not installed. They are listed in the dropdown list of fonts to select from. I am not even sure why I get that message but it happens every time I open the template to create a new card or one of the ones I have already created.
    Can you not install the font into a design file once and save that as File > Save Template...?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Can you not install the font into a design file once and save that as File > Save Template...?

Acorn
    I'm not sure what you mean by "install the font into a design file".
    Bruce

Bruce,

For me at least, it would be helpful to see these effects. Would it be possible for you to upload a sample file, just sample text with the effect(s) applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "install the font into a design file".
    Bruce
    Do whatever you do to make the text have the font you need, then save it as a template.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Bruce,

For me at least, it would be helpful to see these effects. Would it be possible for you to upload a sample file, just sample text with the effect(s) applied?
    I will do that later when I get the chance.
    Do whatever you do to make the text have the font you need, then save it as a template.
    Acorn
    I tried saving it as a template before by right clicking on the selected text and using "Create Style", but now I have no idea how to call it back up. I right click and there are no options to install or load style.

Do what you need to a design file.
    File > Save Template... with a meaningful name.

Close the open file.

File > New... <meaningful name>.

Acorn