Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar Positioning

Hi,
    I've come upon what I see is a limitation in an otherwise excellent navigation bar facility, and I'm not sure if it's just my lack of knowledge on my part or a valid 'feature suggestion' for later Xara releases.
    What I would like to do is use the site wide updating feature of navigation bars in my web designs, but with some degree of control over page positioning. i.e. I would like content consistency in the nav bars, but for example be able to place the bar at a different location on the first page, without affecting the position on the other pages, maybe by means of a position lock or similar.
    Please let me know if this is possible in some way (that I haven't yet discovered) or if indeed not possible, whether there are others who would also see this feature useful.
    Cheers,

Frank

Default Re: Navigation Bar Positioning

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The navigation bar is set to repeat on all pages. This means it will appear on all pages and in the same spot.

You can change this behavior but first create all your pages with the nav bar in the same place.

Then Right click on nav bar and select Stop Updating > All Copies or Just this Copy. If you select All Copies then each nav bar may be relocated without effecting any of the others. If you select Just This Copy then all the other bars are still linked and will behave as one.

Many thanks.. all praise to a great forum!

You're most welcome. We try.