Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 3D Maker 4 vs Xara 3D Maker 7

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in terms of ease of use and use with other Web Design Programs? Also, how do I know which version I have? I ask, because when I open up my Xara 3D program I see Xara 3D 7. Is anyone else using this 3D program with other Website building programs and how are you importing the Xara 3D work into the other Web Design program? If it's just as difficult as it was in Xara 3D 4 there is no need to make the purchase for the newest version. Thanks all.

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 4 vs Xara 3D Maker 7

Hi Bob,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in terms of ease of use and use with other Web Design Programs
    There is no difference. It creates gifs & swf's for inclusion in Web Design Programs.

how do I know which version I have?
    You can tell which version you have by clicking Help / About. This tells you the version number. It also says much the same in the top left corner of the window.

If it's just as difficult as it was....
    You seem to be having difficulty in this area. Perhaps you'd care to explain those difficulties?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: Xara 3D Maker 4 vs Xara 3D Maker 7

Good Wed Afternoon Egg Bramhill,
    I sure do appreciate your input. After posting here, I began to experiment and found out how to use this program with WebPlus X7. I also have Xara Web Design 10 Premium which I understand has the same features and Xara 3D Maker. If that's indeed the case, it ought to be much easier getting 3D results from within Design 10 than having to graft in the results of 3D Maker. I do want to see how this works. Regarding the version of 3D Maker I have, I don't recall upgrading from my original version, 3D Maker 4. So, when I decided to pull this program out of moth balls for use in WebPlus X7 I noted it said version 7. Actually, I was on the verge of paying the upgrade price for version 7. That was a close one. Thanks again sir. Bob

Hi Bob, I know nothings about WebPlus X7 so let's stick with Xara products.

I've created an animation in Xara 3D Maker 7

I've exported to three different animation filetypes, namely:

gif
    vector.swf
    bitmap.swf

I drag & dropped these into a XD10 webpage.

I also converted the above two swf files to html using Google Swiffy, saved the resultant html files and uploaded them to my server.

I then created two iframes to call up these swiffy files.

Then I exported the Xara webpage to my server.

Here is the results: http://harwich-society.co.uk/!!!!!animated-content/

Can't understand why you're getting a free copy of Xara 3D Maker 7. Are you sure it's not a trial version?

And for mobile devices (of course the pure Flash content won't render):
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Thursday Morning Egg Bramhill and again thank you so much for those example files. I am not as technical astute as you and don't really know the difference between a Gif or other file. I am in a learning mode now. That's why I appreciate the examples you sent. I am sure each of these examples should be used in specific website situations. However, each example looks the same except larger or smaller file sizes. Basically, my main concern was how to export and import the 3D Maker results into and onto the pages of a website other than Xara. I was desparate to learn how to do that. Learning website building has also been a task for me. I built my wife's website using WebPlus X7. Although I had been using Xara Web Designer 7 Premium, I became frustrated when Xara would not give me a upgrade discount, plus, I was not sure if Xara was going to move in the direction of providing a program that permitted building websites with "responsive" pages. After looking around, I found WebPlus X7. I am back with Xara and now have Xara Web Designer 10 Premium. I think I moved too fast on that purchase. Xara recently came out with Web Designer 11 Premium although I don't know if there is a big difference between vs. 10 or 11. I don't know if moving up to version 11 Premium would actually benefit me that much. Thanks again for your important input. Bob

musicmanbob,

As per my reply in your other thread ...

Xara offer a grace period.

Upgrades: ..... Period of grace: If you ordered v10 after 13th April 2015 you are entitled to a free upgrade, contact sales .....

See http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/buy/

Sounds like you may qualify ....
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

SS-KALM,
    Sorry I missed your previous post. I just sent a request in asking if I fit into the "grace" period. We will see what they say. Thank you for the reminder and for urging me to check this out. Bob