Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding/editing a Navbar

I'm trying to add a navbar. I watched the video "Navigation Bar Menus", and followed the helpfile.

I selected a navbar from the design gallery & double clicked to edit it. When I go to the Pop-up menu style dialog, no matter what I do to change any parameters, nothing is altered.
    For example, the colours. menu background, menu text, or even the font. Whatever I alter, it just doesn't change anything on the navbar.

I saw the button “ungroup to edit graphics” and I tried that, but that looks like I'd have to edit every single button one at a time? That can't be correct, can it?

Default Re: Adding/editing a Navbar

Open the colour editor (ctrl+E) and choose the theme colour to edit.

To change the font, select the navbar then open the font menu and choose a font.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xx.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	108040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	108039  

Your tip about using ctrl E and then editing the theme Colour was good, thanks.
    I've only just realised that editing “Local Fill Colour” is absolutely wrong regarding the navbar. No wonder I was struggling.

However I try, to edit the Navbar properties and the Pop-up menu style it has no effect on any of the navbar items.
    On your fonts screeshot, it looks to me like those Button 1,2,3 in the background must be selected (with the dots around them?)
    You can see on my screenshot I don't seem to have the same. Is that relevant?

I must be missing something obvious here.

Name:	WD11-navbar-fonts.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	108043  

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Hine View Post
    On your fonts screeshot, it looks to me like those Button 1,2,3 in the background must be selected (with the dots around them?)
    You can see on my screenshot I don't seem to have the same. Is that relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    To change the font, select the navbar then open the font menu and choose a font.
    And yes, you are looking in the wrong place. I did not say anything about going to the Navbar properties editor.
    This only changes the popup submenu items NOT the main navbar font.

The Font menu is on the application info bar when the text tool is selected

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	108044  

I take you point, I didn't follow your instructions, but thanks for taking the time to put me right.
    I'd assumed (dangerously) it was in the pop-up menu style text editor in the navbar properties you'd used to change the font, as that was what I was struggling with.

Any idea by the way, why I can't seem to get the navbar editor to work for me?
    I even went back and tried WD10P, it has exactly the same issue as WD11P.

As I say, I must be missing something obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Hine View Post
    Any idea by the way, why I can't seem to get the navbar editor to work for me?
    What do you mean?

The navbar editor changes the colours etc of the popup menu items, not the navbar buttons..