Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So your contribution is finite, Mike? C'monnnnn...-g
    Problem is, Gary, that people concentrate on the finite. Like you have done.

Aside from that quibble, it is impossible to express the infinite without using the finite. It's a concept, not necessarily a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Problem is, Gary, that people concentrate on the finite. Like you have done.

Aside from that quibble, it is impossible to express the infinite without using the finite. It's a concept, not necessarily a reality.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lennon.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	108138

Done with all sincerity and no intention of copyright infringement. Political license, you might say.

You mentioned an 'eye', Gary.

So, here's an infinite one.
    Well, as infinite as Xara will let me zoom.

So, in the iris of the big eye, there's an eye.
    (That's why the first eye, doesn't look like and eye. Because the iris is covered.)

Then in the iris of that eye, there's an eye... etc... etc... etc...
    At 25601%, there actually is an eye, which has an iris. Becuase I can't zoom in, any further.

So, if you accept that Xara is the ultimate tool, then ultimately, I have an infinite eye.
    (Poetic License!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinite eye.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	108140  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Tell Priester it's his for £500+VAT.

Infin-eye-t

So your contribution is finite, Mike? C'monnnnn...-g
    To follow up, the dot is simply representative of me, us, or humanity in an overwhelming sea of...nothing. "Nothing" being representative of endlessness (you know, the black field). The black field can be anything, space (the ultimate representative of the infinite which really isn't), sorrow and our (the dot) aloneness, or, whatever.

(Art) Looses something (all representations of "something") when an explanation is attempted, doesn't it?

At its most basic it well enough represents how I was/am feeling.

Tell Priester it's his for £500+VAT.

Infin-eye-t
    Infin-eye-t

Dagnabit!
    I wish I had thought of that!

And I'll take the money, without the VAT.

As promised, here's nothing
    (yes, it's Xara with Linux!)

Name:	whereto.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	108142  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This could also be classed as infinite!

I'm sure, many will remember what this programme is/was?

Name:	tt.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	108145  

Name:	what.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	108148  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Gare. Based on the earlier comments, I think that your Infinity concept causes system failure with many of the artists. I think there was too much philosophy going into this thread causing intimidation of being wrong. All philosophies are based on life experiences. Depending on where you live will change the way you think. After all, I think most aborigines would have a different philosophy on what snow looks like then people in Alaska. I think it's better glen from each other and grow.

I did not mean to invoke Religion into this thread, but rather an explanation behind that drawing. I'm open to ALL types of art, religious and secular.

Now I thought this thread was taking on a Matrix theme. I'm a bit behind you guys. I don't draw as fast as the thread moves.

Enjoy the Matrix Infinity.

Name:	Matrix infinity.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	108152