Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

I agree with Maya and give some more thought to this concept but have posted one view or thought of infinity

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Infinity.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	108086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inf.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	108087  

Infinity, the concept, is time, and all things/dimensions without bounds...without beginning or end. This is my idea of it.

In regards to it representing God/love...

"Karl Barth makes it explicit from the beginning that God is the unknowable and indescribable God. The hidden God remains hidden. Even when we say we know him our knowledge is of an incomprehensible Reality. … Barth's contention is summed up in the dictum: Finitum non Capax infiniti, the finite has no capacity for the Infinite. … On every hand Barth speaks of time and eternity as two distinct realms, an unbridged chasm between God and man, and the unknown God."

Frankly, it's above my paygrade to pretend I know what infinity or eternity is. Not even mathematics, or any of the sciences, can provide proof of infinity... In bounding infinity with definition you in fact make it finite. There can be no boundary of any kind --- in concept it is infinity in all directions and dimensions and even those criteria create boundaries.

When I try to think of infinity I only come up with light...but light even has an absolute speed (as we have defined it through science/mathematics) and thus, a boundary, no matter how far it would seem to travel. I would try to illustrate it as just light without bounds of any kind --- but to post that in an image would create a boundary for it... and defeat the goal.

Energy is reconstituted...but not recycled exactly into the same objects as before. To believe it does is in the realm of philosophy/religion.

To know infinity/eternity requires transcendence beyond this life, world, dimension/s, etc. No one gets in alive.

I have not seen an artwork of any kind by anyone that can depict eternity/infinity. All we come up with is symbols.

Finitum non Capax infiniti.

@Stygg -- Hi! Thanks for the mention of my new avatar!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Gare. For me infinity is synonymous with eternity. Without measure of time. To me, God's love represents that. Eternal love... I'm not trying to preach, but that's what I believe. I think this picture represents that to me. Gare, you also mentioned that You would like to see something with text to path, so I added a second one with more of that style for you. To me, they both represented the same thing. You pick which one works best for you. Note, I'm not trying to push anything on anyone. This is what moves me.
    I like the elegant quality of the Love.jpg poster, Mikey.

I understand the reason for several of the posts reaching a non-secular state, and honesty, when the idea of drawing or otherwise expressing Infinity struck me, I didn't realize that so many people feel that Eternity and Infinity are synonymous.

I am here on the forum as Art Guide, and sadly I do not find myself qualified to be a spirit Guide (!), so I encourage the "all encompassing approach" to this never-ending challenge, okay? I think Eternity can fit inside Infinity with an Infinite amount of room to spare, how about that?

Now that I'm rolling this idea around in my pin head a little more, okay, yes, I can see that religion has as valid and as big a claim on Infinity as scientists, astrologists, and other Deep Gazers.

Let's continue. I don't think we're done!

My Best,

Gary

(Took Friday off in the Name of Love. Our 22nd anniversary!)

...just try to remember...there is no spoon.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Happy Anniversary, Barbara & Gary.
    This is a bit rushed, and there's a huge amount of camera shake!

Name:	anniversary.png 
Views:	495 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	108113  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Another try on the Infinity topic.

This was a lot more work, than I first thought.
    Particularly because I wanted the transition from light to dark, to be as smooth as possible, and the two circles to meet as good as they could.

Name:	2circles.png 
Views:	575 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	108114  

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Another try on the Infinity topic.

This was a lot more work, than I first thought.
    Particularly because I wanted the transition from light to dark, to be as smooth as possible, and the two circles to meet as good as they could.

Rik, you are decidedly going where no one has gone before!

Man, that piece is something to stare at and contemplate for a while, no?

Can I have the XAR file to print a copy and frame it?

Q: Why shades of red? It reminds me a little of somewhere inside the human body. Was that you intention?

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Happy Anniversary, Barbara & Gary.
    This is a bit rushed, and there's a huge amount of camera shake!
    Thank you, Rik! Oddly, Barbara's card to me is in the same spirit as your illustration. I'll PM you about it sometime.

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Rik, you are decidedly going where no one has gone before!

Man, that piece is something to stare at and contemplate for a while, no?

Can I have the XAR file to print a copy and frame it?

Q: Why shades of red? It reminds me a little of somewhere inside the human body. Was that you intention?

My Best,

Gary
    Thanks for your kind comments, Gary.

I used linked colours.
    So, I could have made it any colour I wanted.
    Looked at many colour choices, and settled on the red because it really stood out.

ooohh @Rik....that is nice!
    tbh i'm going to swipe that idea but go with a deeper blue to match the blue for all the stuff on my phone (i make a lot of my own icons and hack my most used apps to use the same blue color)
    really nice image.