Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Stygg. Use the levels to lighten the colors a little bit and those little dark pieces show right up. After you get them drawn, you can reset the color to get the correct shade as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Stygg. Use the levels to lighten the colors a little bit and those little dark pieces show right up. After you get them drawn, you can reset the color to get the correct shade as the original.
    Cheers Paul, I completely forgot about levels

Stygg

Stygg, all those small shapes are a result of having a very detailed reference image.

A camera with a macro lens (like most Smart phones) can be your best friend. I have half a mind to illustrate this instead of using it in a straight photo composition. The figurine is about 2 1/2" tall:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duck-cow.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	108728

C'mon: seriously but with a sense of wry humor; wouldn't this part cow/part duck look terrific traced off with a better floor and more crisp due to vector art?

My Best,

Gary

To get back on subject here, I just learned a little about the Analemma Curve this morning. To wit:

An analemma is a diagram showing the deviation of the Sun from its mean motion in the sky, as viewed from a fixed location on the Earth. Due to the Earth's axial tilt and orbital eccentricity, the Sun will not be in the same position in the sky at the same time every day.

And guess what? If you plot the sun's appearance in the sky over a full year, the deviation looks like this:

Name:	analemma example.jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	108825
    Well, well, well: doesn't the curve plotted over a year look a little like an infinity symbol?

The image above is from www.analemma.com's site.

My Best,

Gary

Well Gary I knew about the analemma curve from being a member of the Astronomical geeks at College and I don't know why I did'nt draw the "pearl necklace" when the Infinity thread was started and seen just how many people knew what it represented, but time being the overseer of all things and especially my memory, I forgot With regard that great image of ducky-cow who would be great in a childs story book or cartoon as he or she looks to be a great character, I will have a go and trace it and see what I come up with, won't be for a few days though as I have visitors from Greece, best hide the euros then, only joking

Stygg

@stygg—

Well, the analemma curve was certainly something new for me!

Oh, and I discovered that M.C. Escher preceded all of us with not only a Moebius strip with ants traveling its one side, but again, it looks like...and infinity symbol!

Name:	ants.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	108847

(Property of the Estate of M.C. Escher. Used for editorial statement.)

I'd love to see that silly cow/duck traced off with sharper detail and probably a better ground, such as sill grass.

@Paul, I love waking up each day and seeing a mini-gallery, your new avatar! You, Sir, are on a roll, a winning steak if you will!

My Best,

Gary