Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

I like this one. Very creative what the mirror effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I think you're all coming up with good ideas! I suggest that because we're not frantically trying to meet any deadlines, think this "Infinity" stuff through, take time to assure quality results=visual communications at its best, and do post often! An infinite number of times, in fact!

Here's something for everyone to consider: A Mobius strip is impossible in 3 dimensions, it has no beginning and no end, and yet it can change color at some point. How about a small character trying to travel this infinite road? Or something else?

I think the only way to really express Infinite is through a quantum mechanics approach. Also consider the Klein bottle, a physically impossible vessel in our 4D space—height, width, depth, and time...only time we have no control over but we do move through it.

Yeah, this is heady sh...stuff , but so is infinity, and I don't want to bore you!

Why not approach a subject as surreal as some of your drawings? Make your talent fit the assignment!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redundant (2).jpg 
Views:	1257 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	108013

You think this is tough? Imagine you're Barbara and live with me 24/7!!

-g

A Mobius strip is impossible in 3 dimensions
    Also consider the Klein bottle, a physically impossible vessel in our 4D space—height, width, depth, and time
    Gare, a Möbius strip is possible in 3D, perhaps you meant 2D?
    Our 4D is 3D+time: space-time. Mathematical 4D is different, and in that, a Klein bottle comfortably sits.

Name:	Koch.jpg 
Views:	1267 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	108050
    I'v always wanted a Koch Snowflake, but ever time i print one and try to cut it out christmas has passed.
    The perimeter is infinite, the area is finite.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gare, a Möbius strip is possible in 3D, perhaps you meant 2D?
    Our 4D is 3D+time: space-time. Mathematical 4D is different, and in that, a Klein bottle comfortably sits.

Name:	Koch.jpg 
Views:	1267 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	108050
    I'v always wanted a Koch Snowflake, but ever time i print one and try to cut it out christmas has passed.
    The perimeter is infinite, the area is finite.

Acorn
    Acorn, you're infinitely more intelligent than I am when it comes to those things Quantum in Mechanics!

I'm very glad you chose a fractal for an expression of Infinity, because fractals can indefinitely recurse. Some have terms, but mostly they done (he says in math terms Gary doesn't quite understand).

Now, the Art side of this assignment? Is pale blue your best impression of the Infinite? How about the cropping or even multiple universes here? Do you want to add drama (why not?) to crop away some of the flake so it's not possible for mortals to view the whole of it (hint: you might).

I think you're good, acorn.

But I don't think you're done with this.

Mmmm?

Thanks for coming to play, man.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    I know that the vector table maybe is better than the chalk lines , from your words Gare that was my first association for the Infinity + Love + Freehand and Brush tool

Name:	EndlessLove.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	108010

Attaching the .xar file if someone would like to chalk something yet

EndlessLove.xar
    Just a thought, csehz: how about a visual progression, a series of infinite signs that eventually morph into a heart?

-g

Just a thought, csehz: how about a visual progression, a series of infinite signs that eventually morph into a heart?

-g
    How about this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity-to-heart.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	108081  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I agree with Maya and give some more thought to this concept but have posted one view or thought of infinity

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Infinity.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	108086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inf.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	108087