Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

hope your feeling a lot better now gary...

well infinite are the ways of doing art

xara designer pro 8 - one brush plus a couple of ellipses - it's only a detail, the original is sorta big - you have to look at the attachment to see the 'skeletal structure effect', it smudges out in the thumbnail

oifficial title 'hands up!'

@Rik - oh very good, it would drive me round the bend trying to do something like that - give me impressionism or surrealism any day, but you are so good at it

all good stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hands up.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	108020  

Here are three that I put together. I have attached a file if anyone would like to play with it.

Name:	Infinity2.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	108038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	love life2.jpg 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	108030  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Infinity.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	108031  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Psaumure; 12 June 2015 at 03:35 AM.

I like this one. Very creative what the mirror effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I think you're all coming up with good ideas! I suggest that because we're not frantically trying to meet any deadlines, think this "Infinity" stuff through, take time to assure quality results=visual communications at its best, and do post often! An infinite number of times, in fact!

Here's something for everyone to consider: A Mobius strip is impossible in 3 dimensions, it has no beginning and no end, and yet it can change color at some point. How about a small character trying to travel this infinite road? Or something else?

I think the only way to really express Infinite is through a quantum mechanics approach. Also consider the Klein bottle, a physically impossible vessel in our 4D space—height, width, depth, and time...only time we have no control over but we do move through it.

Yeah, this is heady sh...stuff , but so is infinity, and I don't want to bore you!

Why not approach a subject as surreal as some of your drawings? Make your talent fit the assignment!

Attachment 108013

You think this is tough? Imagine you're Barbara and live with me 24/7!!

-g

Very Cool Rik. Its been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post

handrawn, Paul—great posts! Let's keep the momentum. When you think of an idea, draw it and come back later if necessary.

I like the personal thought, Handrawn!

It's half past 11pm here and this one must retire and refresh. This infinity thing can take a lot outa ya!

Love the stuff, people!

My Best,

Gary

Here's a Klein bottle I drew one Christmas a good few years ago now. I revisited the original and ironed out a few creases and thought I'd post it again.
    Bob.

Name:	klein bottle.png 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	108042  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Here are three that I put together. I have attached a file if anyone would like to play with it.
    Excellent, Paul. Just excellent.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Here's a Klein bottle I drew one Christmas a good few years ago now. I revisited the original and ironed out a few creases and thought I'd post it again.
    Bob.
    That's a GREAT idea, Bob.

I hope you don't mind a bit of feedback.
    To me, the fluid would would cover the bottom part of the bottle as well.
    So, if you adjust that, I think it will be perfect.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    A Mobius strip is impossible in 3 dimensions
    Also consider the Klein bottle, a physically impossible vessel in our 4D space—height, width, depth, and time
    Gare, a Möbius strip is possible in 3D, perhaps you meant 2D?
    Our 4D is 3D+time: space-time. Mathematical 4D is different, and in that, a Klein bottle comfortably sits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Koch.jpg 
Views:	1203 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	108050
    I'v always wanted a Koch Snowflake, but ever time i print one and try to cut it out christmas has passed.
    The perimeter is infinite, the area is finite.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Rik, I took the coward's way out and just emptied the bottle!
    Edit; looking at the file sizes of the 2 graphics I uploaded, it would seem that the bottle originally contained 8kb of liquid.
    Bob.

Name:	empty.png 
Views:	512 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	108054  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.