Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Thanks for your kind comments, meganredfern.
    I see that you don't list any Xara software in your profile?!
    Why not purchase one, and start on the best drawing journey you will have.

I wanted to have another go with my drawing and make a few changes.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity-beyond-2.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	108350  
    Last edited by Rik; 23 June 2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: minor change to the image

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

The background definitely improves it, Rik
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Thanks for your kind comments, meganredfern.
    I see that you don't list any Xara software in your profile?!
    Why not purchase one, and start on the best drawing journey you will have.

I wanted to have another go with my drawing and make a few changes.
    What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity-beyond-2.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	108394

God, Rik, that's magnificent, without any reference to Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen), who used the phrase excessively in all the Toy Story flicks!

Superb, subtle, really a pinpoint's view of Infinity.

My Best,

Gary

(yeah, I was out of commission for the good part of this week. After breaking my leg, it was kidney stone time; got two of the suckers out the hard way. I'm afraid if the Fates aren't done, they'll double-down and I'll be struck by lightning or the Earth will open up and swallow me. So it goes, Billy Pilgrim.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity-beyond-2.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	108394

God, Rik, that's magnificent, without any reference to Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen), who used the phrase excessively in all the Toy Story flicks!

Superb, subtle, really a pinpoint's view of Infinity.

My Best,

Gary

(yeah, I was out of commission for the good part of this week. After breaking my leg, it was kidney stone time; got two of the suckers out the hard way. I'm afraid if the Fates aren't done, they'll double-down and I'll be struck by lightning or the Earth will open up and swallow me. So it goes, Billy Pilgrim.)
    Thanks for your kind comments, Gary.
    I really enjoyed doing that one.

What's more important is that I'm sure we're all glad that you are better.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Okay, okay, honestly, I did use Xara for a lot of the elements in this video! :)

Xara was the mezzanine app to get 2D graphics ideas into a 3D-ish realm. This whole thing was inspired by Paul's post #140 on a space odyssey. You don't more heady and into Infinity than the closing moments in Stanley Kubrick's film. This is a not awfully accurate interpretation of the final moments of the film, adjusted to reflect this thread:

TGIF! (Thank God Infinity falls on Friday this month!)

—Gary

@Gare,

Amazing video! Thanks.

My high school physics prof, many years ago, told us that if you have two left shoes and you send one half way around the universe, it will come back to the same point, but inversed, now as a right shoe. The proof was an infinity symbol ribbon with a twist. I wonder if something like this could be illustrated.

John

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    ...The proof was an infinity symbol ribbon with a twist. I wonder if something like this could be illustrated.

John
    Hi John,

I believe that if you Google the phrase "Mobius Strip", you'll see plenty of examples suitable for basing an illustration on that represents a 1 sided object in a 2D domain.

My Best,

Gary

Great video Gary. Very creative. Hey! I thought you were supposed to be taking it easy??? What's up with that? HA HA ha. I get that all the time from my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Hey! I thought you were supposed to be taking it easy??? What's up with that?
    99% of my body is resting; it's all in the wrists. :)

Hey, 25 more views on this thread and we'll have hit 3,000 in less than a month!

Gary- After watching your video, we cannot deny that there is infinite possibilities in technology. It does not stop growing and expanding. Every time someone tries to put a limit on it, it expands even faster. I used to watch Dick Tracy as a kid and marvel about him talking into his watch. With today's technology, that watch is commonplace. I just wanted to point out that we have a little holes of infinity going on all around us and is continuing to expand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Infinite possibilities.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	108436