Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    This dragon recreation is based on a tattoo that one of my friends are looking at.
    That's excellent, Paul.
    I thought about doing something similar, so, that'll teach me for taking my time!
    But, I don't think mine would have been as good.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I keeping thinking about how Surrealistic Art has played a historically honored role in describing the Ridiculous, the Impossible, The Unconceivable, and the Fantastic. It's all done with the serious hand of a humorous artist, so we can see them giggling behinds the canvas.

This submission isn't Great Art, but it does contain 2% whimsy:

I wanted to be the 360 Contrarian and put a brick wall behind the door, but the composition shouldn't be cluttered.

My Best,

Gary
    Sorry, Gary.
    I can't agree with your statement.
    The viewer is the judge, and not the artist.
    You should get that printed, framed, and sell it for loads of money.

What a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    That is a lovely image Paul but if you had'nt added the word Infinity, I wonder how many people would as a first thought said "Is that chasing the dragons tail" referring to opium addiction? The point I'm making is, how people see an image on its own but then add a word and it changes their perception of it. If I had posted the image for many dimensions in #41 without my thoughts on many dimensions, I imagine many would have said "what the hell as all these little grayed out men got to do with Infinity" Just a thought. I'm off to fill my pipe with tobacco of course

Stygg
    I hope that I'm not coming off as I'm opposed to text in illustrations. not in the least. A lot of my work needs direction. There are many artist out there that can dream up a concept and convey it entirely without words. (i'm not one of them) They don't need any inspiration from anybody else. They are like little kids saying what if? And putting it on canvas. Wow, I envy that type of artist. I enjoy these threads because they help me build my artistic skills and share some what I have learned with others. Several artist on this forum have help me develop and challenge my skills. I've mainly enjoy the challenge of trying to reproduce something in Xara. A car, logo, or object of some sort. Now i'm even able to produce ate work of my own with the skills that I have developed here on TG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    That's excellent, Paul.
    I thought about doing something similar, so, that'll teach me for taking my time!
    But, I don't think mine would have been as good.
    Funny how great minds think alike. I guess my mind just a little quicker.

Every time I look at you're post, your avatar just amazes me. I don't want to use a word brilliant because someone else on the forum uses that. How about smashing? Yes, that's it, it's smashing. You do good work my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    There is a validity to forsaking text when illustrating one's impression of Infinity: by definition it's so all-embracing, that it consumes text before you've written it!

I'm of both minds about the graphic+text stuff, though. We have been using text to accompany, not always to support or explain the neighboring graphic, since the written word was devised. Think of how much more people enjoyed a "talkie" after the invention of sound films, compared to a silent film, even a classic. Moreover, many films have subtitles.

Digression: The director Jerry Sonenberg said recently that a good way to evaluate the success of a film is to turn the sound off. Can you still glean what's happening? Off the top of my head, I'd say the Mission: Impossible movies fail because the action relies too much on an explanation beforehand, while the Marvel comic book movies seem to explain themselves visually just fine. Can you discern my sophisticated film-watching prowess?

Why not look at a piece and see if the text is a label or actually contributes to the understanding of the piece?

Butting in again,

Gary
    Ya, what he said...

Do you think that one leaf will keep the other one going, infinitely?!
    Which would then, make them eternal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaf+leaf.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	108191  

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Do you think that one leaf will keep the other one going, infinitely?!
    Which would then, make them eternal.
    Only if you spin them really hard.

I'll post this in the ClipArt forum, but first round goes to this Xone thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metallic-Infinity-symbol-thumb.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	108194

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

This one is for you Rik. Just smashing...

Name:	Rik Dragon.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	108202  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi everyone I'm late to the party but here is my take I went with a graphic like Paul's that represents infinity and love. I thought wedding rings are circles with no begining and no end so I thought it fitting to craft an infinity symbol from two wedding rings.

Name:	infinity.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	108203  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.