Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Rik. Very clever. I like your angry infinity. I have been looking over several of the pieces that you have posted throughout the forum. I like your work. Very clean and well thought out. They are brilliant I tell you, just brilliant... I was telling gare that I miss our old threads where we exchanged ideas add graphics. Lots of good interaction went on in those threads. I remember when I first started on TG. I was struggling just to draw rings and spheres. Drawing a car was an impossibility for me. Thanks to you and the other Artist here on TG I was able to surpass my goals.

Kudos to you all for your efforts,

Paul

Yes, a stairway to infinity. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Maybe not made with Xara besides the cropping and putting a border around it... It does seem to fit the 'infinity' theme.

At least it does seem to go on and on forever...

Attachment 108174

Here is a link to the full size image.

The texture is of human tonsil cells in case anyone wondered.

Uploading the zip file did not work. File was 20.5 MB... Maybe that's why?

Here's a Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v46alwoljj...0Size.jpg?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Here is a link to the full size image...
    much appreciated
    there's been some really nice images posted up for Gare's daunting assignment

This dragon recreation is based on a tattoo that one of my friends are looking at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	108181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon3D.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	108182  

Last edited by Psaumure; 16 June 2015 at 10:09 AM.

Paul, just two seconds ago I was about to mention a snake eating its tail as yet another visual paradox/human homage to the concept of Neverendingness/Never-beginning-ness.

Well, I'm off to prison for violating my poetic license, so I'll see you soon; Rik's going to represent me in a court of lemonade.

-g

Exclamation Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

As hard as it is for me to be serious, let me be so for a moment. I asked another Super-Moderator to edit this thread, remove a post of mine, and edit Post # 97 to reflect the thread editing. I hope what was unnecessary is gone and what’s necessary remains. Please let me add this:

My largest failing as a Moderator is that occasionally I get too passionate about a subject, forget that I’m here to encourage moderation to all, and I single out a member to redress or counter-argue. That’s wrong. No Moderator should ever single out a member, and I’d hope one of the Administrators would lecture them (me) as a consequence.

I apologize to Maya; what I did was wrong. My feelings and the content of the post that I asked be deleted are not germane to a healthy, living discussion, and I have to respect that, or I should quit this gig.

Instead I’ll try to be more even in my Moderatorship, set up a topic and see how it grows, and definitely stop obsessively tending to it. Usually threads grow fine on their own!

I return you now to the irregularly scheduled chaos,

Gary

I keeping thinking about how Surrealistic Art has played a historically honored role in describing the Ridiculous, the Impossible, The Unconceivable, and the Fantastic. It's all done with the serious hand of a humorous artist, so we can see them giggling behinds the canvas.

This submission isn't Great Art, but it does contain 2% whimsy:

I wanted to be the 360 Contrarian and put a brick wall behind the door, but the composition shouldn't be cluttered.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside-the-outsie-room.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	108185  

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    This dragon recreation is based on a tattoo that one of my friends are looking at.
    That is a lovely image Paul but if you had'nt added the word Infinity, I wonder how many people would as a first thought said "Is that chasing the dragons tail" referring to opium addiction? The point I'm making is, how people see an image on its own but then add a word and it changes their perception of it. If I had posted the image for many dimensions in #41 without my thoughts on many dimensions, I imagine many would have said "what the hell as all these little grayed out men got to do with Infinity" Just a thought. I'm off to fill my pipe with tobacco of course

Stygg

There is a validity to forsaking text when illustrating one's impression of Infinity: by definition it's so all-embracing, that it consumes text before you've written it! :)

I'm of both minds about the graphic+text stuff, though. We have been using text to accompany, not always to support or explain the neighboring graphic, since the written word was devised. Think of how much more people enjoyed a "talkie" after the invention of sound films, compared to a silent film, even a classic. Moreover, many films have subtitles.

Digression: The director Jerry Sonenberg said recently that a good way to evaluate the success of a film is to turn the sound off. Can you still glean what's happening? Off the top of my head, I'd say the Mission: Impossible movies fail because the action relies too much on an explanation beforehand, while the Marvel comic book movies seem to explain themselves visually just fine. Can you discern my sophisticated film-watching prowess?

Why not look at a piece and see if the text is a label or actually contributes to the understanding of the piece?

Butting in again,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 16 June 2015 at 04:08 PM.