Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Youtube First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

I sort of like the way "structured" and "anarchistic" create friction between each other when used together.

Okay, this takes a minimum of explaining to make something of this area, which if you jumped here from the Giveaway page for June 2015, you might already have correctly guessed that this is the beginning of a hopefully continuing thread where I'll suggest a theme, and you people build, copy, revise collaborate, do whatever you feel it takes on your part to become a part that's larger than the whole.

Huh?

Here's the deal: I tried to think of the broadest topic we could all graphically explain/illustrate/embellish, and I came up with "Infinity".

You don't get much more all-encompassing, right?

Seriously (at least before we all have fun): how many times do we casually refer to "The Infinite", or "oh, that's cool to the Infinite Power!!! (if you're under 21)...and really don't do justice to the concept because we're shooting way too low?

As a poet, if I were asked to illustrate Infinity with words, I might say, "Love. A wedding ring, which has no beginning and no end."

You might offer the math expression Pi, because although it has a beginning, what if you started in the center of the integer? You wouldn't be able to see the beginning or the end.

I'm going to prime the well here, and please don't do like me. Do BETTER than me. Think about this first: what is there in your talent set you can use to describe using Art a very, very hard thing to illustrate? Do you want to embellish the symbol for Infinity. Do you want to use the Perspective Mould to extend an object farther than the audience's eye can see?

I think it's a good topic, infinitely so, in fact. Face it; is anyone going to come up with a broader topic real soon? How do your religious beliefs affect your perception and a Xara drawing of Infinity?

My first (and probably not best) musical impression of "Infinity" and my small 3D video, just a little literal revelation of the shape we often use to denote "Infinity".

please don't take infinitely long to replay to this thread!

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 11 June 2015 at 05:29 PM.

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

---Woh....mind blown --

Calm yourself, Mikey.

Forget "infinity" for a moment.

Slow down and consider "eternity", okay?

-g

this was my first thought. I tried other ideas but came back to this one because I like the simplicity of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity.png 
Views:	617 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	108012
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I know that the vector table maybe is better than the chalk lines , from your words Gare that was my first association for the Infinity + Love + Freehand and Brush tool

Name:	EndlessLove.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	108010

Attaching the .xar file if someone would like to chalk something yet

EndlessLove.xar

I think you're all coming up with good ideas! I suggest that because we're not frantically trying to meet any deadlines, think this "Infinity" stuff through, take time to assure quality results=visual communications at its best, and do post often! An infinite number of times, in fact!

Here's something for everyone to consider: A Mobius strip is impossible in 3 dimensions, it has no beginning and no end, and yet it can change color at some point. How about a small character trying to travel this infinite road? Or something else?

I think the only way to really express Infinite is through a quantum mechanics approach. Also consider the Klein bottle, a physically impossible vessel in our 4D space—height, width, depth, and time...only time we have no control over but we do move through it.

Yeah, this is heady sh...stuff :), but so is infinity, and I don't want to bore you!

Why not approach a subject as surreal as some of your drawings? Make your talent fit the assignment!

Name:	redundant (2).jpg 
Views:	1180 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	108013

You think this is tough? Imagine you're Barbara and live with me 24/7!!

-g

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    I know that the vector table maybe is better than the chalk lines , from your words Gare that was my first association for the Infinity + Love + Freehand and Brush tool

Name:	EndlessLove.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	108010

Attaching the .xar file if someone would like to chalk something yet

EndlessLove.xar
    Just a thought, csehz: how about a visual progression, a series of infinite signs that eventually morph into a heart?

-g

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    this was my first thought. I tried other ideas but came back to this one because I like the simplicity of it.

Name:	infinity.png 
Views:	617 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	108012
    For all of its simplicity, Larry, I am compelled to look at your art!

Can you outdo yourself now?

(the correct answer is: yes)

Oooh, I got an idea: the new age group Yes? Roger Dean did the artwork for their albums. Check out his website, look at his art and see if his positivity, his own "Yes to Art!" promise is strong enough to try to support the visual idea of infinity.

Hey, I realize this is weird, but don't we usually go out on a limb on the Xone? Do you really want to go back to drawing spheres and cars and textures!? This is just another Tips and Tricks tutorial, except it folds back on itself, it erases itself before it is written, it is the heart or head of Zen, and we won't find out which until we sit down in Xara and explain it to ourselves graphically and then to the rest of the group.

Are you all buying into all this Hippie crap?

Name:	A_showe_of_Hands.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	108014

-g

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.png 
Views:	578 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	108019  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Rik—

MY MAN !!! :)

-g