Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Rik, I took the coward's way out and just emptied the bottle!
    Edit; looking at the file sizes of the 2 graphics I uploaded, it would seem that the bottle originally contained 8kb of liquid.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	empty.png 
Views:	553 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	108054  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Rik, I took the coward's way out and just emptied the bottle!
    Edit; looking at the file sizes of the 2 graphics I uploaded, it would seem that the bottle originally contained 8kb of liquid.
    Bob.
    Noooooooo!
    You can easily fill it with fluid, Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob's bottle.png 
Views:	528 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	108059  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I don't know how to say this without ticking anyone/everyone off, so here goes anyhow:

1. Take your time and think through the representation of infinity. Treat this like a 5 course banquet and not a mid-term exam you really, really want to get done. If this assignment doesn't tickle, wait a few weeks and Rik or I will present a different challenge.

I chose Infinity because I'd never tried it before, and thought it might be of general interest.

2. Show works in progress!

3. Is this the Infinity you're looking for? Have you stretched beyond your drawing style of yesterday? The way you considered drawing an intangible thing yesterday?

Why is almost everyone centering and framing their depiction of "Infinity" in the dead center of a drawing page?

Handrawn has hidden part of his view, and thus creates an incomplete picture of his vision of Infinity. Now PLEASE don't re-crop your work as a literal endorsement of what Steve James did: he presented us with both a solution and a piece or artwork.

Okay, here's an example of a useful attitude to take: everyone saw the first The Matrix, right? The one out of three that didn't suck? What did Morpheus tell Neo on top of the building?

"Free your mind."

Take chances. Aim for the impossible.

Make your vision of infinity unlike the stuff you've done before in Xara.

This isn't about Xara.

From the first day The Xara Group handed me the keys to the Xara Xone and told me to drive carefully, the message has been about creating Art, and the tools you use are in Xara.

Separate your tools from your ideas, and you'll find it takes longer to do something you're happy with, but in the end (um, okay, infinity is never-ending, but) you'll have done something new and you'll have enjoyed the experience as much as your audience.

Larry, you win second prize so far, because you deliberately left your drawing in a mystical, almost unfinished, 2001: A Space Odyssey monolith sort of condition.
    I learned more about you, the artist, than you, your talent.

Am I leading anyone in a different direction now?

Or even farther down a path of the same direction??

Replies with no art attached are welcome. Let's do some "art" using text this afternoon, okay?

-g