Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

I posted this thread 3 going on 4 days ago, and we got over 1,000 hits so far!

I'm quite pleased with the "show of hands" even if some members haven't posted yet (hint: please do!).

Would it be neat if this Infinity thread went over the top for all-time viewed threads at tg?

Dreaming,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Attachment 108167

I was very taken with your piece, Stygg. Apologies in advance, but I immediately saw your design as a sculpture, for the home, perhaps, so I hope you'll forgive me for temporarily appropriating it. Full size attached.

Attachment 108168

My Best,

Gary
    No apologies needed Gary, it looks absolutely great as a sculpture. I would'nt mind a real sculpture of it now I see how it would look, it looks very calming and relaxing. Thanks for that Gary.

Stygg

Whew! Off the hook again.

Enjoy your work in 2.5 D, buddy!

-g

I thought an Infinite film would be interesting, if not an accurate description of it. Fractal (from "fractured") math, when mapped to a 3D domain using special interpretation software (which, happy, I found Mandelbulber for free on SourceForge!) can be traveled through with no apparent beginning or end. Please watch after the Gary Credit for a second, more humorous "voyage." I could have explored the first fractal for longer than 20 seconds, but the process or writing the graphics file is so processor intensive, I wouldn't have a feature length until November.

—Gary

Are we not supposed to use Xara in our designs?

As infinite means boundless --

in·fi·nite (ĭn′fə-nĭt)
    adj.
    1. Having no boundaries or limits; impossible to measure or calculate. See Synonyms at incalculable.
    2. Immeasurably great or large; boundless: infinite patience; a discovery of infinite importance.
    3. Mathematics
    a. Existing beyond or being greater than any arbitrarily large value.
    b. Unlimited in spatial extent: a line of infinite length.
    c. Of or relating to a set capable of being put into one-to-one correspondence with a proper subset of itself.

Why are we still creating images containing boundaries?

Just wondering.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

small contribution
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infinity.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	108171

Very nice Igor01. Very nice indeed.

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe you could draw some examples for us to go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    Are we not supposed to use Xara in our designs?

As infinite means boundless --

in·fi·nite (ĭn′fə-nĭt)
    adj.
    1. Having no boundaries or limits; impossible to measure or calculate. See Synonyms at incalculable.
    2. Immeasurably great or large; boundless: infinite patience; a discovery of infinite importance.
    3. Mathematics
    a. Existing beyond or being greater than any arbitrarily large value.
    b. Unlimited in spatial extent: a line of infinite length.
    c. Of or relating to a set capable of being put into one-to-one correspondence with a proper subset of itself.

Why are we still creating images containing boundaries?

Just wondering.

Thanks, it was graphical joke of course
    this is real mathematical contribute -
    Let it gradually cut from the triangle as shown in the figure. what area and what is the length of borders of recent "triangle"?

Name:	INFINITY TRIANGEL 2.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	108172

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Very nice Igor01. Very nice indeed.

We're getting to some sort of "gist of it" here.

The purpose of this thread no purpose, but only to post observations on...an idea? A reality? Something we sense, beyond our senses? I labeled this thread with the term "chaos"! :)

Maya asked a fair question: why are we creating images with boundaries? I think in my video, that there are no boundaries except that of Time.

Did everyone see Chris Nolan's Interstellar? The entire movie is one incredible Leap of Faith: that the only things that remain in the universe after everything else is peeled away are gravity, Love, and inter-dimensional travel (I think, it's been a while!) Instead of tearing your head off like 2001 to appreciate it, Interstellar reaches out to your heart.

Certainly we can and should use Xara in our insights on digital paper, Maya. It's not called The Photoshop Xone here. ;)

But even Xara falls away when you truly reach out for a glimpse that gives you inspiration. I defy anyone to "capture" Infinity, and that's not the purpose of this exercise/exploration. It's okay if you have answers after pondering this for a while, and it's okay to have questions. Turn this thing inward and ask yourself what you see in your art. Look deeply: is it self-expression? Is it Pride? Is it something larger? What drives you and for how long?

You know, if you turn Existentialism around, there are both answers and questions there. An Existentialist denies anything their five senses don not register. It follows then that when an Existentialist dies, the Universe ceases.

However, what if an Existentialist doesn't fold in on themselves and disappear? What if death is just a translation to another plane of consciences, the Universe not only continues, but the Existentialist has extra senses, some of which affirm the everything continues onto Infinity.

This could be one base of Religion, it's certainly a happier thought to hold through life than ultimately taking the Big Dirt Bath, and it's also an affirmation of Infinity.

I'd like to throw out two questions. They're not necessarily either/or, and I'd like to do it in a drawing:

Name:	boxes.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	108173

And yes, this is a Xara product in part. All the two dimensions and the labels for the boxes I drew in Xara, then exported my drawing(s), and added a third dimension in a modeler.

My Best (or it is? :)),

Gary