Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Thanks, it was graphical joke of course
    this is real mathematical contribute -
    Let it gradually cut from the triangle as shown in the figure. what area and what is the length of borders of recent "triangle"?
    Attachment 108172
    Beautiful, igor. It shows thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe you could draw some examples for us to go on?
    Exactly. No one has! If a picture is worth a thousand words, then why is it that a word conveys the concept far better than any image or multiples of images?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Regarding Gare's box image -- there again words are needed to convey what it's about. If you couldn't read the box labels what meaning would you gain from a group of boxes? Why do so many of the images supposedly of the concept of infinity use written words to get the meaning across? Why are all the old symbols constantly rehashed and no new symbols of infinity are created? You have to be told what all of them mean or you may just see them as connected shapes --- certainly not boundless shapes.

If you want to think outside the "box" you need to get rid of the box.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maybe not made with Xara besides the cropping and putting a border around it... It does seem to fit the 'infinity' theme.

At least it does seem to go on and on forever...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spiral.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	108174

Thanks, dutchim!

I wish we could zoom in on the center.

And get nowhere!

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gare!

The maximum 800 pixel width of this forum doesn't help with the quality. Original was 4800 wide.

Richard

[Gary earlier posted his original test here (post#1), and was critical of Post #93. This is a reply stripped of quotes from Gary]

Oh, I read all of that before. You also asked for new ideas. Not your ideas.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 16 June 2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Reference post taken down
    -Mark Twain

very cool image @dutchim

(and....uhmmmm......not to put you on the spot but you could always attach a .zip of the image if you don't mind sharing it with me ...ermmm... us )

OK.
    Angry Infinity says he's going to get Mr Whatsisname on you all. Then you'll be sorry!

Angry Infinity is only interested in why we've not got to 15 pages of drawings, already???

Think, draw, post, but above all, ENJOY!

I mean, the topic is big enough for everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angry infinity.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	108175  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

No disrespect intended, but the only thing that I see is that you have allowed words to talk you out of trying. I will put my odds on the artist that at least are trying. I believe one day an artist with the unique talent to express himself in this area will put together something that will represent infinity. Throughout history impossibility was spoken before the developers of airplanes, space travel, computers... Today the phone that I carrying my pocket has more computing capabilities then the computers that took up several rooms. So the words that you put before us are just hurdles that one artist Will conquer. At least the ones that are trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    Exactly. No one has! If a picture is worth a thousand words, then why is it that a word conveys the concept far better than any image or multiples of images?