Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Exclamation Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

As hard as it is for me to be serious, let me be so for a moment. I asked another Super-Moderator to edit this thread, remove a post of mine, and edit Post # 97 to reflect the thread editing. I hope what was unnecessary is gone and what’s necessary remains. Please let me add this:

My largest failing as a Moderator is that occasionally I get too passionate about a subject, forget that I’m here to encourage moderation to all, and I single out a member to redress or counter-argue. That’s wrong. No Moderator should ever single out a member, and I’d hope one of the Administrators would lecture them (me) as a consequence.

I apologize to Maya; what I did was wrong. My feelings and the content of the post that I asked be deleted are not germane to a healthy, living discussion, and I have to respect that, or I should quit this gig.

Instead I’ll try to be more even in my Moderatorship, set up a topic and see how it grows, and definitely stop obsessively tending to it. Usually threads grow fine on their own!

I return you now to the irregularly scheduled chaos,

Gary

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

I keeping thinking about how Surrealistic Art has played a historically honored role in describing the Ridiculous, the Impossible, The Unconceivable, and the Fantastic. It's all done with the serious hand of a humorous artist, so we can see them giggling behinds the canvas.

This submission isn't Great Art, but it does contain 2% whimsy:

I wanted to be the 360 Contrarian and put a brick wall behind the door, but the composition shouldn't be cluttered.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside-the-outsie-room.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	108185  

Default Re: First-Ever Organzied Chaotic Free-For-All Competition/Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I keeping thinking about how Surrealistic Art has played a historically honored role in describing the Ridiculous, the Impossible, The Unconceivable, and the Fantastic. It's all done with the serious hand of a humorous artist, so we can see them giggling behinds the canvas.

This submission isn't Great Art, but it does contain 2% whimsy:

I wanted to be the 360 Contrarian and put a brick wall behind the door, but the composition shouldn't be cluttered.

My Best,

Gary
    Sorry, Gary.
    I can't agree with your statement.
    The viewer is the judge, and not the artist.
    You should get that printed, framed, and sell it for loads of money.

What a great idea.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone