Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

We all know that you attempted to learn how to hand code and it was too much for you so your trying to validate your self by posting needless messages in unrelated topics.

Truth of it is, and any web developer will attest, software solutions are the easy way out. They were never intended to be used in a perfesional manor nor will they if they keep using proprietary code or meesing with preexisting code. Software solutions were developed for people who dont arent developers could make a simple personal site for themselves, not so people, and this time it is directed to you, can make a quick buck without putting out any effort. To be put in real world terms, would you rather have a frozen TV dinner or a fresh home cooked meal.
    I believe this quote sums it all up: "You can't polish a terd" In this case the terd refers to sites brainless less manufactured or spit out by software solutions.

I am yet to find a site done completely in software that looks good, without the person who developed it having no prior knowledge of hand coding and all the in's and out's that come with it. I mean face it dude, you must not know a whole lot about the field considering you arent even using web safe colors on your own site.

Matt [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Well, this is getting interesting.

All I can say is that I've seen too many sites on the Web done in FrontPage and similar programs. If FrontPage was meant to be a tool for professional-quality Web pages, it wouldn't be sold for $79 at CompUSA. Same for most any other WYSIWYG tool.

Programs like that were made so that people with no knowledge of computers could post pictures of their kid's second birthday party on the Web so grandma and grandpa in Spokane could print them out on the $99 inkjet and share them with all the other geezers on the tour bus as it heads for the Indian bingo hall. They were not made so that Lizabeth the rude secretary could do the company Web site using font tags that call fonts named FUNSMILES and RAINBOWLETTERS and save the company from having to hire a professional developer.

You get what you pay for. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

Well rather than reply with a series of equally unconfirmed and useless personal attacks about someone's knowledge or degree of effort, I will do the civil thing and step out. Regards to all those who have a positive outlook on things (even those with a different outlook than myself).

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com
    IP

IP

David, I agree with your last post on this subject. There are ppl who can produce exception work with software tools and those that can without. To be honest, at the end of the day, as long as the result is acceptable (beautiful?) and functional to those concerned, does how it is made really matter? By making something that fits the requirement they have produced the required solution.

I used to hand-script sites, spending many an hour being "picky" about the whole thing. I was then recommended to try dreamweaver by a close friend and after fighting with the concept of it for many an hour, have not put it down since, it's fabulous. I generally design my sites with paper and photoshop, combining this with the power of dreamweaver and my life is so much simpler. Plus, if I want to hand-script parts, I can. All this makes me live life a little easier.

I'd like to end this post by apologising if I upset any member here, it was not my intention at any point.
    :: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org
    IP