Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with posts being sent to a moderator and not appearing...

I posted a reply to a thread I started on the 8th, received a message that it would be sent to a moderator before being posted (which none of my previous messages had!) and it has since not appeared. It seems oddly erratic that my first posts should appear without moderation and now *all* my posts seem to be sent to a moderator before posting. I can't find anything in the FAQ about this; what is the policy?

It's rather offputting a) finding that new posts are all going to a moderator before being posted and b) having replies not appear at all.

Thanks.

Cheers,

David.

P.S. Actually, this post appeared without being sent to moderation! Very odd indeed...

Default Re: Problem with posts being sent to a moderator and not appearing...

Not sure what is happening David. Posts in certain threads that do not have an assigned moderator are automatically sent into Moderation. Posts in the Xara Website Gallery are automatically moderated until approved. The reason for this is to prevent Spam.

Maybe when one of the super moderators have a look at this they can explain the problem you are having.

I found 2 of your post in the moderation que, I validated both of them so they should appear in the thread you posted in. The reason the post were moderated is because there were links imbedded in the post. New members have to reach a certain number of post before links will be posted without moderation to filter out spammers from legitimate new members.

Oh right; I see. So even though the links were in the bits of the post I quoted from others whose posts are not moderated, because they appeared in my post moderation happened. I must remember to strip out of quoted posts any links, then!

Thanks.

Cheers,

David.
    Last edited by DavidLB; 11 June 2015 at 04:46 PM.

If I see a post that is moderated and the link is valid I approve the post. But this is not automatic and it depends on when first a moderator notices the moderated post. It can be almost instant or take a day. We are all volunteers and so we do not spend every waking hour on TG.

I fully understand how frustrating it is to post something and then not see it. Maybe in the future as the forum software gets more sophisticated, posts will be automatically approved then the content is validated and determined to be spam-free. Til then...

Yes, of course, I understand (and I did (or thought I did - hard to keep track!) post a reply to your previous reply. If I didn't I certainly intended to do so, so sorry if I didn't and thanks for posting it... I wasn't intentionally appearing to ignore it.).

My first moderated reply went AWOL for 3 days so I suspected it might have gone for ever but I do understand that moderators don't work full time. As I said, I shall certainly make sure for some time that I delete any links from replies when I quote the previous email!

Cheers,

David.