Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My website designed with WD11

[link removed because test site has been removed]

I have not made this site live yet because there are some problems.

I created the site on one page using layers. The colored circles mouse over or click (for the mobile variant) to go to the different layers. But I have found that frequently one of the images on the main site gets stuck and then the site either stops working or the image does not go away even when the layer is changed.

And the JotForm is not working very well. I might have to switch to a different form.

Anyway, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 July 2015 at 08:28 PM.

Default Re: My website designed with WD11

Yeh, not working at all well in Chrome.
    Layers are not closing, objects loading on top of each other and the close button for the form is over the contact info button.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	107900  

Thanks Steve. Not ready for prime time then.

Gary, some of your coloured circles' bounds overlap the pop-ups so the experience is dependent on where the user's pointer is.
    I think the bounds of the coloured circles need to be extended horizontally so they touch as the pop-ups close in-between so you instinctively stop to see what's about to happen.
    As the bounds of the pop-ups is not the full width of the page, I would show some transition boundary as, again, the backdrop not only closes the layer it reverts to the landing page if clicked.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, your Web Design layer does not close automatically - it has a Close button.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, the Facebook sdk.js is coming up with a couple of errors but it ought not to be interfering with the site itself.
    Acorn

Acorn - Thanks - The Web Design layer needed a close button because visitors can click the colored circles to visit the actual websites.

All and all, it was an interesting experiment but I think I can do better. There were too many design compromises. My current website is simpler and works better.

As always, an amazing website, Gary. I had some trouble with the menu buttons and had to refresh the page, but all in all it was a pleasant experience. Your design abilities are unsurpassed IMHO.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Ron - Thanks. I'm going to delete the link then the site because there were some major problems which I never resolved. I will post when I have something new.