Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New here - and request for advice on patterned fills in Xara Designer Pro...

Ah, yes - may be the obvious one but there's certainly no doubt what it illustrates! ;-)

Nice work.

Cheers,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No problem David.

Okay here's the obvious one. (Feel free to move it to a challenge thread if it suits Acorn):

Default Re: New here - and request for advice on patterned fills in Xara Designer Pro...

Useful to see the variations - thanks.

I've been experimenting with textures and transparencies too, and quite often it's hard to see the differences! I need to keep some reference images like this one to help me remember, as I know perfectly well that in three months time I won't have a clue what I did...

Cheers,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Messed about with this some more and applied different textures.

The bitmaps on the left have simple textures applied:
    Top: Plastic Sheet Bitmap
    Middle: Water Bitmap
    Bottom: Curtain Bitmap

The right-hand side images are the same but with a highlight/lowlight shading applied.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Gary bouton also did a Xara Xone tutorial on this a while back http://www.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tri...a-waving-flag/

Gary's tutorial uses a free displacement plug in filter and is easy to do. You can also see the discussion thread for the tutorial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you - I'll take a look at those.

Cheers,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Gary bouton also did a Xara Xone tutorial on this a while back http://www.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tri...a-waving-flag/

Gary's tutorial uses a free displacement plug in filter and is easy to do. You can also see the discussion thread for the tutorial.

Thanks for that; will have a look at those. (I did reply on the 8th but had a message that my post would go to moderation (which none of my previous posts did!) and it has since apparently disappeared into the ether without appearing on the forum.)

Cheers,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post