Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Would like My Logo to be 3D But not Working out

I know this is probably a stupid question, and everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that SgtDre has the vector files, but can't the .ai file be imported into XDP and just 3D'd from there?
    Can you upload the .ai file SgtDre?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

He mentioned that he had PDF versions also, so I think it was already covered by mwenz earlier.

Personally I would add outline for the 2D version of the logo, as currently it will not work correctly on white background.

Post Re: Would like My Logo to be 3D But not Working out

I know its been a long time and I do want to apologize for not posting a reply, I have had to make sure all proper legal state and federal issues and so on were take care of and then there are and still is a few personal at home issues that I have had to deal with.

So back to the topic at hand here.

Gare: I have tried to download the Peignot font from a few sites after searching and I always ran in to copy write issues and why its not included with many graphics programs.

Rik: I don't have Designer Pro so I will try using a trial version see what I can do.

ss-kalm: I'm trying to upload the .ai file hope it works, the file size limit warning I get is max 200KB, I also have them uploaded to a file hosting site I use.

theinonen: Yes your 100% correct, but I have been looking to use a background on a web site for this logo, it is also attached here, I took pictures of some clothing and plan to use it as it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post
    I know its been a long time and I do want to apologize for not posting a reply, I have had to make sure all proper legal state and federal issues and so on were take care of and then there are and still is a few personal at home issues that I have had to deal with.

Gare: I have tried to download the Peignot font from a few sites after searching and I always ran in to copy write issues and why its not included with many graphics programs.

Rik: I don't have Designer Pro so I will try using a trial version see what I can do.

ss-kalm: I'm trying to upload the .ai file hope it works, the file size limit warning I get is max 200KB, I also have them uploaded to a file hosting site I use.

theinonen: Yes your 100% correct, but I have been looking to use a background on a web site for this logo, it is also attached here, I took pictures of some clothing and plan to use it as it is.
    this is what I was thinking of doing for a web site.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/cmree9...esCamBck-3.png

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post

Hi SgtDre—

I used Peignot as an example of how a revived face can look fresh in today's layouts.

Thee things here:

1.) Peignot has been rendered by a number of type houses, not in the least Linotype and Adobe. A genuine, legal copy of the three members of this font family will run you $95 at Fonts.com plus $5/month to use it as a webfont.

2.) There are a number of places that will give you knock-offs for free. The quality is usually dubious and in the zip file, half the time you'll find malware. There are two exceptions I'll vouch for. The first is if you can find an early version of CorelDRAW. Sometimes you can find versions 3 or 5 on Amazon as used for under $50. This will give you "Pignose" or whatever the proprietary name for the font is, plus about 250 other famous fonts that are misnamed. Or try FontSpace, a dubious place, but I went there and a Mr. George Williams created original splines by hand (like Linotype did) so he can claim credit for the fonts and they are (probably) not rip-offs here.

3.) You want to use Peignot on a website, you're probably going to have to buy a license for a webfont.

These are the rules and copyright laws as I understand then, but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

My Best,

Gary