I'm not the best at working with graphics, it takes me a while to get things worked out, to be honest I can be a bit of a perfectionist to a fault at times and when I was not getting the results that I wanted or liked, I found a site where for a nominal fee you pick from a list and have the person make it. While this person did a great job on my Logo, I had to pick from a few options and the one I wanted was 3D. I was then told that "All professional designs in words are flat 2d designs and Vector files would be provided for flat design" but I seen many 3D Logos and designs that are 3D, once the final Logo was given to me, I now have .ai, .eps, .psd .png, .pdf.

While I can open the .psd and .png files in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and Xara Xtreme Pro 5 I can't really make the edits I would like, its as most of the logo was turned in to a Photo and all I can do is crop it except for one part of it that is not a normal letter "O" it's more of a star, I'm able to use the 3D tool but it keeps turning the shape in to an extruded box shape, the colors get all washed out kinda and I have yet to figure out to correct this. I do not have a Adobe Illustrator and it appears that is what was used to re-make the Logo.

I have the 3D mockup but that does me no good really. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Favorite 1_lone44s4.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	107845

I created my version of the Star Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedWhiteBlueStar_DarkRedBevRing-3.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	107849 but again when I try to make it 3D it auto fills in the center of the star and I get a boarder that I can't get rid of. That is why I used the service mentioned above, the star I created was re-designed in the attached image. And all are transparent and 300 dpi.

Any ideas or suggestions, assistance would be greatly appreciated.