Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Would like My Logo to be 3D But not Working out

I'm not the best at working with graphics, it takes me a while to get things worked out, to be honest I can be a bit of a perfectionist to a fault at times and when I was not getting the results that I wanted or liked, I found a site where for a nominal fee you pick from a list and have the person make it. While this person did a great job on my Logo, I had to pick from a few options and the one I wanted was 3D. I was then told that "All professional designs in words are flat 2d designs and Vector files would be provided for flat design" but I seen many 3D Logos and designs that are 3D, once the final Logo was given to me, I now have .ai, .eps, .psd .png, .pdf.

While I can open the .psd and .png files in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and Xara Xtreme Pro 5 I can't really make the edits I would like, its as most of the logo was turned in to a Photo and all I can do is crop it except for one part of it that is not a normal letter "O" it's more of a star, I'm able to use the 3D tool but it keeps turning the shape in to an extruded box shape, the colors get all washed out kinda and I have yet to figure out to correct this. I do not have a Adobe Illustrator and it appears that is what was used to re-make the Logo.

I have the 3D mockup but that does me no good really. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Favorite 1_lone44s4.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	107845

I created my version of the Star Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedWhiteBlueStar_DarkRedBevRing-3.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	107849 but again when I try to make it 3D it auto fills in the center of the star and I get a boarder that I can't get rid of. That is why I used the service mentioned above, the star I created was re-designed in the attached image. And all are transparent and 300 dpi.

Any ideas or suggestions, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Would like My Logo to be 3D But not Working out

The image of the Star, you've added in your post, does not appear to have a transparent background.
    So, if I was to use the 3D tool, then I will get a square.
    If I cut the circular shape out of the square, then use the 3D Tool, this is what I get.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Star.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	107850

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thank you for the quick reply and assistance
    I May have uploaded the incorrect file, I have a set of a progression files as work to keep track of what I'm doing or make an error.

I just quickly put the file in to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and dumped two other images in to it and set to back.

Attached is .PNG and .XAR if either of these are still not showing up with a transparent background, there must be something being not getting processed properly, because when I get the pop up to set DPI and file type, the transparent box is checked, or I'm not doing something correctly. If I can figure this out then maybe I can figure out how to get the entire Logo to look like the 3D mockup image but at 300 DPI and the re-designed Star.

Name:	RWBStar-Test.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	107851RWBStar-Test.xar

I will have a look at your .xar file, later.

But, you could, if you wanted, redraw the logo yourself.
    Yes. It does take a bit of time. But, if you draw it in Xara, then you can do anything with it.

Attached, may not be a true reproduction, but, you can see that in just a short while, you can recreate your design.
    Then position it as you want, in any orientation!

Name:	lone star shape.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	107854

The image may be on a transparent background, but, the 3D Tool will still see it as a square/rectangle.
    You would have to create the image in Xara, with transparent parts, then use the 3D tool.
    You could cut the transparent background and the star shape out (even though they are transparent) and then when you use the 3D Tool, you would not get the square shape.

Many of the experts on the forum might be able to give you an answer as to what else you can do, but, I would say that it's still easier to recreate your design in Xara.
    Then you have the freedom to do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I will have a look at your .xar file, later.

But, you could, if you wanted, redraw the logo yourself.
    Yes. It does take a bit of time. But, if you draw it in Xara, then you can do anything with it.

Attached, may not be a true reproduction, but, you can see that in just a short while, you can recreate your design.
    Then position it as you want, in any orientation!

Views:	200 
ID:	107854
    Now that looks clean and sharp, it even looks crisper/sharper than the person who I shelled out Duckets to, to re-create or improve on what I made. You sir have a talent that I am lacking, even that Red White and blue star I made took me some time to make it look as is. A lot of it as shear luck to be honest. I will have to do a bit of reading on how to make it with transparent parts.

Rik, maybe you should do a tutorial for him. SgtDre to get transparent parts, as in Rik's example, once you create the rounded star shape make the other star and center the two then with both selected subtract shapes. That will leave you with a star shaped hole in the middle of the rounded star shape. At this point colors do not make any difference although I would start with a red rounded star, and some other color the the cutout star so you can see where it is. When everything is finished to your satisfaction export in a format that supports transparencies such as png with alpha.
    Sorry Rik, hope I'm not stepping on your toes.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry: You're not stepping on anyone's toes.
    You're helping a member of the forum, as I'm trying to do.

As for a tutorial? Looks like you've already volunteered yourself.

However, the member would have to tell us exactly what needs to be created?

Very gracious of you Rik.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Larry: You're not stepping on anyone's toes.
    You're helping a member of the forum, as I'm trying to do.

As for a tutorial? Looks like you've already volunteered yourself.

However, the member would have to tell us exactly what needs to be created?
    Rik & Larry I thank you very much for the assistance, I appreciate it very much.

The ultimate goal is to have the Logo that I paid to have re-designed as shown in the 3D mockup.

Name:	My Favorite 1_lone44s4.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	107860

But as of now all I have is Flat 2D
    lone44.psd
    that has a transparent background.

The (RWBstar with Dark Red Boarder) that I made is not bad, I kinda like it, But its a bit bland and Flat!

Name:	RedWhiteBlueStar_DarkRedBevRing-3.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	107862
    but I have to admit that the Star shape in the re-designed logo is much better, Stands more and over all adds to the overall Logo Design.

Views:	195 
ID:	107863

And it's this star shape that you Rik looked at and uploaded in Post #4 that I have been trying to make or at least edit the files I have to no avail. As to the Letters I have been able to figure out how to give them a 3D effect, it just that Star shape with the color scheme that I have had problems with.

I don't mind learning this, BUT, Give me a Computer to work on or build and I'm