Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: Ice cream, anyone?

What a bizarre thing to do... Neat though

The potholes need filled but is ice cream sturdy enough?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The artists puts cement down first I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The artists puts cement down first I believe.
    I hope so, either way it would be a messy proposition,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm no expert on road construction, but isn't asphalt a viscous liquid, whereas concrete is definitely solid? I don't think the 2 materials work together. Asphalt can sit on a layer of concrete, but intermixed areas of concrete and asphalt doesn't work. I think eventually the entire concrete and tile area will separate from the asphalt and become a large, loose and tiled rock in the middle of the road, ultimately becoming a road hazard.

Gameprinter, that's definitely a glass-half-empty assessment of ice-cream art.

I don't think there any more danger than was there beforehand.

While I can appreciate the aesthetics of ice cream vs an actual pothole, the art, itself, doesn't turn me on. On first viewing the images the issue of concrete and asphalt was the first thing that came to my mind, so that I essentially dismissed the art as uninteresting, hardly spending more than a glance. I like art that draws me in letting my eyes explore a visual story, maps fall into that category for me. Simple art is all the rage in design and websites. My art perspective never corresponds with the industry trends, I prefer detailed niche aesthetics to entice me, not whatever is trending for everyone else. The ice cream art does not invoke anything in me upon viewing it. Art actually should. Art is subjective, right?

Asphalt is the best fill for a pothole in an asphalt road. If you're going to repair a pothole, even artfully, you have to do it right - concrete fill in asphalt doesn't work. It may not be any more dangerous, but why leave it dangerous at all? Fix the road correctly, and then make it pretty, that's all I'm suggesting.

That glass is definitely half full!

Art definitely is subjective.

When I see these, it makes me smile and I think someone has taken the trouble to make my life a little brighter. I thank them for that.