Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: June 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Cast in Gold by Frances Proctor

Last one I promise

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	107942  

Default Re: June 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Cast in Gold by Frances Proctor

I think that is totally inspired and terrific, Fellow Alchemist Stygg!

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Last one I promise
    Stygg till the next month no need for such promise at all!

Thank you for your kind comment Gary, made my day

@csehz- cheers csehz, and come on, it's not like you to not have ago at that alchemists symbol for Gold

Stygg

Stygg you are trickily motivating You will see eventually on the weekend I will come up with such an alchemists symbol that Xara will give the fractal noise on it

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Good work on the Alchemists symbol Stygg! I look forward to seeing what Csehz comes up with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@Stygg—

If you'd like some inspiration (from me??!?) or just a neat background, here's my contribution to better alchemy through science:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alchemy wall sm.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	107960

It's a whole bunch of alchemy symbols for metals, plus a few Celtic runes characters.

Embedded in a XAR document, free for all to use, Bouton's Express Permission (BEP).

My Best,

gare
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a lot Gary, those symbols are really good and hopefully I will come up with some ideas.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Good work on the Alchemists symbol Stygg! I look forward to seeing what Csehz comes up with
    Thank you Francis, glad you liked. I also look forward to what csehz comes up with? I knew I'd push him into doing the symbol and besides he comes up with some neat ideas.

Stygg

The Book of Signs, originally published in 1934 written by Rudolph Koch (who was also a typographer and did a few nice fonts) is largely a book you can download for free if you subscribe to some reading site (who charge $).

But Google books will show you several pages from the eBook, along with explanations of symbols.

Example?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Koch.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	107965

Just remember that with Frances' tutorial—and just a lot of tutorial we have here—you're not limited to a target shape the author provided! I have the hardest time convincing people who have bought a book I wrote (so why am I complaining?!) that you don't have to start or stop at the file I provided. Use you own along with the principle I shared with you.

Improvise.

Innovate.

Recreate.

-g